The Strategic Management Performance System (SMPS) Certification Boot Camp is an intensive, hands-on interactive education and training designed for professionals to acquire knowledge and build skills in leadership and management of strategy formulation.
Skilled strategic planning and management professionals establish and direct disciplined approaches to planning and execution that fit their organisation by being practical, sustainable and cost effective.
The Strategic Management Performance System (SMPS) covers the entire strategic planning and management cycle. The program content is organized to be presented in order of occurrence if you were to "begin at the beginning". A logical path for understanding the required (6) steps unfolds revealing a practical strategic management process; one that is in alignment with the Association for Strategic Planning "Lead-Think-Plan-Act" Body of Knowledge guidance and professional certifications.
The course will help you identify principle developments in the study and practice of strategic management. You will develop strategic management competency and use various strategic tools to assess an organization’s environment, and formulate strategies to improve organizational performance. You will be able to translate strategies into perational terms and select and prioritize projects to drive the right outcomes. You will be able to describe the vital role performance management plays in strategy execution, while selecting performance measures that matter most. You will understand the critical role of communication and change management, and establish clear accountabilities to achieve organizational alignment.
Who Should Attend
The SMPS is continuing professional education and training that delivers "process driven" understanding and practical tools to those who currently manage or lead strategic planning and implementation. Professionals who desire to develop skills that will allow them to take in more responsibilities related to strategy management are also advised to take our strategic human resource management course.
- Professionals charged with leading, managing or having responsibilities linked to development and implementation of strategy
- Owners and senior executives who see the need for more effective strategic management processes in their organization
- Professionals building a pathway to professional certification and career opportunities in strategic planning and management
- Strategic management consultants
- University level business management degree students, both graduates and declared undergraduates, wanting to further define their value to potential employers
Benefits of Attending
- Develop strategic thinking competency and use tools to assess and support your strategic and operating environment
- Define your organization's strategic direction, strategic plan and strategic operating plan
- Translate high level strategies into precise strategic objectives and a visual strategy deployment map to reach your vision
- Ensure strategic initiatives and projects are aligned to strategy and designed to drive the right outcomes
- Achieve organizational alignment via clear accountabilities, timely communication and cascading of strategy down through the organization's tiers of business
- Establish a strategic management calendar to ensure governance drives strategy and strategy drives budgeting
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Informa Middle East is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI). As an ATP, Informa Connect is approved by PMI to offer the PMP exam preparation course and issue Professional Development Units (PDU) for training courses in the field of project management.
The ATP programme has been designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of PMI’s members, those credentialed through PMI and others in the project management profession.
The PMI® Authorized Training Partner seal is a mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
John Alan Davis
John Alan Davis is an excellent strategy consultant, outstanding facilitator and intelligent negotiator with extensive
international operational experience, which he has linked to global marketing capabilities and technical awareness. He
is Founder and Managing Director of Scott Davis Management, a company which has provided executive management
development programmes for more than 12 years.
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect