KPI and performance measurement development is a discipline that involves articulating what an organization is trying to accomplish and then identifying the most meaningful and useful indicators of success. Simply selecting standard measures from a long list of possible measures is not effective. Performance measures, or KPIs, are a key part of any strategic management system, as they are critical to assessing the effectiveness of strategy implementation. KPIs also help with analysis of the gap between actual and targeted performance, and with measurement of organizational effectiveness and operational efficiency. Operational measures, project measures, risk measures, and employee measures provide an early-warning system throughout an organization to help improve performance. Meaningful and strong KPIs provide insight into whether strategies are working, whether programs, projects and services are on schedule, on budget, and delivered effectively.
KPIs focus employees’ attention on what matters most for success, and allow for measurement of accomplishments. Most people — whether executives, managers, strategy or performance professionals, or analysts — struggle to develop and manage KPIs or use performance information to make better decisions. This program helps participants who are working to find meaningful KPIs, get true buy-in to performance measurement, align measures to strategy, and use measures to drive improvement to reach targets.
This program is designed for all sectors — business and industry, government, and nonprofit— and provides participants with practical tools to developing meaningful strategic and operational performance measures, and then develops their skills through a series of practical application exercises.
Delegates are taught how to use several tools, including the logic model and cause and effect, that are used by organizations around the world. Delegates are also taught how to understand and articulate desired results, determine what to measure, set targets and thresholds, develop composite measures using lower level performance measures, measure outcomes, outputs, processes, and inputs, and produce visually appealing reports and dashboards that better inform decision making throughout an organization.
This course is designed to help delegates understand the Fundamentals of performance management, then successfully develop, deploy, and manage meaningful KPIs for strategic, operational, or program management.
Who Should Attend
The KPIP certification course is recommended for:
- Teams or individuals with performance measurement/ management responsibility
- Senior managers or leaders who are establishing, leading, and managing performance management and/or measurement programs and systems
- Managers, planners and analysts who are part of a strategic planning and management team and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organizational performance
- Employees who have been tasked to plan, develop, or improve dashboards, KPI scorecards, business processes, program and project management portfolio management or other measurement systems
- Managers, planners, or analysts who are involved with defining performance measures or complying with regulatory and other reporting requirements
- Budget analysts who need performance information to formulate budgets and evaluate programs
Benefits of Attending
- Learn best practice techniques to more effectively and efficiently develop, deploy and manage KPIs as part of a strategic management system
- Understand important business drivers that ensure a successful performance measurement system implementation
- Contribute to organizational success by measuring what matters most
- Apply what you have learned to your own organization's performance measurement architecture
The Balanced Scorecard Institute (BSI)
The Balanced Scorecard Institute provides training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organizations worldwide. The Institute applies best practices gained from hundreds of consulting assignments and 5,000 trainees in Balanced Scorecard, strategic performance management and measurement, strategic planning, and change management to help executives, managers and analysts transform their organizations into “performance excellence” organizations.
The Institute also provides, through the balancedscorecard.org website, extensive resources, including case studies, white papers, articles, and other information based on lessons learned from extensive experience in building strategic management and performance measurement systems using our award-winning Nine Steps to SuccessTM Balanced Scorecard methodology.
Alan Fell is a UK-based independent consultant and management trainer, specialising in the Balanced Scorecard and the wider disciplines of Strategy Execution.
After a successful career with a major London-based bank, during which he led a pioneering Balanced Scorecard application in 1994-96, Alan has operated across the world for the last 20+ years, combining management training and implementation consultancy.
Alan has focused especially on the GCC markets in the last 20 years, spending well over half of his work time in the region, with involvement in innumerable training programmes and consulting assignments. In total Alan has led more than 300 training courses across the world during this period.
For many years, Alan has led his own Certificate in Strategy Execution training programme, in conjunction with Informa. In addition, Alan is also a Senior Associate of the Balanced Scorecard Institute and has been the course leader many times for the “BSP certified Bootcamp” scorecard training programme.
In total, Alan brings well over 30 years of hands-on strategy management experience, including 24 years of the Balanced Scorecard. He has been a frequent past chairman of many of Informa’s Balanced Scorecard / strategy conferences.
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the course examination will receive an SMG/KPIP Certificate.
20% UK VAT applicable. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect