Charles Odoch Langoya
Strategic Partner and Advisory Board Member
Balanced Scorecard Institute (BSI) - a Strategy Management Group company
Strategy Management Group (SMG)
Key Performance Indicator Professional (KPIP)
- 24 Jun 2019 Kampala
- 02 Dec 2019 Nairobi
With a KPI Professional Certification, you get a better understanding of KPIs and how they can affect your business.
KPI and performance measurement development is a discipline that involves articulating what an organization is trying to accomplish and then identifying the most meaningful and useful indicators of success. Performance measures, or KPIs, are a key part of any strategic management system, as they are critical to assessing the effectiveness of strategy implementation.
Meaningful and strong KPIs provide insight into whether strategies are working, whether programs, projects and services are on schedule, on budget, and delivered effectively. KPIs focus employees' attention on what matters most to success, and allow for measurement of accomplishments.
The KPI P program helps participants who are working to find meaningful KPIs, get true buy-in to performance measurement, align measures to strategy, and use measures to drive improvement to reach targets. This program is designed for all sectors—business and industry, government and non-profit.
The KPI professional certification program provides participants with practical tools to developing meaningful strategic and operational performance measures, and then develop their skills through a series of practical application exercises. Delegates are taught how to use several tools, including the logic model and cause and effect, that are used by organizations around the world.
Who Should Attend
The KPIP certification course is recommended for:
- Teams or individuals with performance measurement/ management responsibility
- Senior managers or leaders who are establishing, leading, and managing performance management and/or measurement programs and systems
- Managers, planners and analysts who are part of a strategic planning and management team and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organizational performance
- Employees who have been tasked to plan, develop, or improve dashboards, KPI scorecards, business processes, program and project management portfolio management or other measurement systems
- Managers, planners, or analysts who are involved with defining performance measures or complying with regulatory and other reporting requirements
- Budget analysts who need performance information to formulate budgets and evaluate programs
Benefits of Attending
- Learn best practice techniques to more effectively and efficiently develop, deploy and manage KPIs as part of a strategic management system
- Understand important business drivers that ensure a successful performance measurement system implementation
- Contribute to organizational success by measuring what matters most
- Apply what you have learned to your own organization's performance measurement architecture
Strategy Management Group (SMG)
Strategy Management Group (SMG) provides training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organizations worldwide. SMG applies best practice gained from hundreds of consulting assignments and over 5,000 trainees in strategy management, strategic planning, KPI development, Balanced Scorecard, strategic performance management and measurement, and change management to help executives, managers and analysts transform their organizations into "performance excellence" organizations. SMG also provides customized governance and leadership development services to Boards with fiduciary and/or advisory responsibility for helping their organizations to be successful. SMG clients and certified practitioners learn to increase focus on strategy and results, improve organizational performance by measuring what matters, align the work people do on a day-to-day basis with strategy, focus on the drivers of future performance, improve communication of the organization's Vision and Strategy, and prioritize in tough economic times.
Charles Odoch Langoya
Charles is a BSI Strategic Partner and Advisory Board Member who has over 17 years’ experience working at management level on strategy development and management in the transformation of public sector institutions. He previously worked for the BSI as embedded Consultant at the Federal Ministry of Health in Ethiopia, and was Manager – Corporate Performance Management at Uganda Revenue Authority.
He has facilitated Balanced Scorecard training and development at Uganda Revenue Authority, The Central Bank of Uganda, Uganda Finance Trust, Uganda Parliamentary Commission, All Africa Leprosy, Tuberculosis and Rehabilitation Training (ALERT) Centre, the Africa Import Export Bank – Cairo and Harare, Kenya Electricity Generation Company and The National Bank of Commerce Tanzania. Charles is currently working on a project to revamp the performance of 41 state-owned enterprises in Ghana.
Charles holds a Master’s Degree in Management Sciences and is a development studies professional with a wide range of experience in financial management, activity-based costing and budgeting, and organizational culture management. He is an Alumnus of Makerere University – Kampala, Uganda Management Institute, Public Administration International (UK), and Maastricht School of Management (The Netherlands).
Course fees include documentation, luncheon andrefreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions willreceive a GW/SMG Certificate.
WHT will be as applicable on the net fee paid