- 01 Aug 2021 London
The Institute’s Nine Steps to Success™ a framework is the basis of the course, where the emphasis is on shared participant experiences, lessons learned, and best practice. Small-group exercises are used for each step in the framework to reinforce the lectures, and YOU are encouraged to bring your organisation’s strategic planning material to share with the class and receive instructor feedback offline as time permits.
Topics covered by the course include:
- Basic concepts of the Balanced Scorecard and how it can be used to improve your organization's performance
- How the Balanced Scorecard applies to different types of organizations
- How to build and implement a Balanced Scorecard using the Institute's award-winning nine-step methodology
- How to develop meaningful performance measures and targets
- How a scorecard system can drive your performance-informed budget and accountability
- How to get performance information throughout the organization to better informed decision making through scorecard automation
- How to cascade the scorecard to all levels of an organization
- How to design and implement a scorecard where other frameworks have already been introduced
- How to revise poorly designed scorecard elements
- How to overcome obstacles and real world challenges
- How to evaluate planning documents and processes
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who are part of a Balanced Scorecard development team, and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organisational performance.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the key concepts of the Balanced Scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate, non profit, and governmental organizations
- Learn a systematic, nine-step methodology for building and implementing the Balanced Scorecard, based on the performance management theory developed at Harvard University and the Institute’s international Balanced Scorecard consulting experience
- Receive a Performance Scorecard Toolkit™ with worksheets for each step of the methodology, and a CD with course and reference material
The Balanced Scorecard Institute (BSI)
The Balanced Scorecard Institute provides training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organizations worldwide. The Institute applies best practices gained from hundreds of consulting assignments and 5,000 trainees in Balanced Scorecard, strategic performance management and measurement, strategic planning, and change management to help executives, managers and analysts transform their organizations into “performance excellence” organizations.
The Institute also provides, through the balancedscorecard.org website, extensive resources, including case studies, white papers, articles, and other information based on lessons learned from extensive experience in building strategic management and performance measurement systems using our award-winning Nine Steps to SuccessTM Balanced Scorecard methodology.
Alan is a Balanced Scorecard Institute Senior Associate and a UK-based management consultant and trainer who has focused his last 17 years’ experience on the Balanced Scorecard and its practical application within strategy execution programmes.
After a successful career with a major London-based bank, Alan began a second career as an independent consultant/ trainer in 1996, having already achieved 3 years’ experience of leading an early BSC programme within his former bank. As Alan describes it – “when we started the BSC in 1993 there were no consultants, trainers, text-books nor conferences on the subject. We just had the initial Harvard papers and a lot of initiative and enthusiasm. It’s a great way to learn."
One of Alan’s special areas of interest is applying the BSC to SME organisations – requiring a streamlined, timely and practical approach compared to text-book major project case studies.
Alan is often described as bringing a pragmatic no-nonsense approach to his consulting and training assignments. He has a particular interest in ensuring that organisations make best use of their scorecards.
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the course examination will receive a GW/BSI Certificate.
20% UK VAT applicable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.