The Institute’s Nine Steps to Success™ a framework is the basis of the course, where the emphasis is on shared participant experiences, lessons learned, and best practice. Small-group exercises are used for each step in the framework to reinforce the lectures, and YOU are encouraged to bring your organisation’s strategic planning material to share with the class and receive instructor feedback offline as time permits.
Topics covered by the course include:
- Basic concepts of the Balanced Scorecard and how it can be used to improve your organization's performance
- How the Balanced Scorecard applies to different types of organizations
- How to build and implement a Balanced Scorecard using the Institute's award-winning nine-step methodology
- How to develop meaningful performance measures and targets
- How a scorecard system can drive your performance-informed budget and accountability
- How to get performance information throughout the organization to better informed decision making through scorecard automation
- How to cascade the scorecard to all levels of an organization
- How to design and implement a scorecard where other frameworks have already been introduced
- How to revise poorly designed scorecard elements
- How to overcome obstacles and real world challenges
- How to evaluate planning documents and processes
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who are part of a Balanced Scorecard development team, and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organisational performance.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the key concepts of the Balanced Scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate, non profit, and governmental organizations
- Learn a systematic, nine-step methodology for building and implementing the Balanced Scorecard, based on the performance management theory developed at Harvard University and the Institute’s international Balanced Scorecard consulting experience
- Receive a Performance Scorecard Toolkit™ with worksheets for each step of the methodology, and a CD with course and reference material
The Balanced Scorecard Institute (BSI)
The Balanced Scorecard Institute provides training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organizations worldwide. The Institute applies best practices gained from hundreds of consulting assignments and 5,000 trainees in Balanced Scorecard, strategic performance management and measurement, strategic planning, and change management to help executives, managers and analysts transform their organizations into “performance excellence” organizations.
The Institute also provides, through the balancedscorecard.org website, extensive resources, including case studies, white papers, articles, and other information based on lessons learned from extensive experience in building strategic management and performance measurement systems using our award-winning Nine Steps to SuccessTM Balanced Scorecard methodology.
Alan Fell is a UK-based independent consultant and management trainer, specialising in the Balanced Scorecard and the wider disciplines of Strategy Execution.
After a successful career with a major London-based bank, during which he led a pioneering Balanced Scorecard application in 1994-96, Alan has operated across the world for the last 20+ years, combining management training and implementation consultancy.
Alan has focused especially on the GCC markets in the last 20 years, spending well over half of his work time in the region, with involvement in innumerable training programmes and consulting assignments. In total Alan has led more than 300 training courses across the world during this period.
For many years, Alan has led his own Certificate in Strategy Execution training programme, in conjunction with Informa. In addition, Alan is also a Senior Associate of the Balanced Scorecard Institute and has been the course leader many times for the “BSP certified Bootcamp” scorecard training programme.
In total, Alan brings well over 30 years of hands-on strategy management experience, including 24 years of the Balanced Scorecard. He has been a frequent past chairman of many of Informa’s Balanced Scorecard / strategy conferences.
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the course examination will receive a GW/BSI Certificate.
20% UK VAT applicable. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect