- 15 Jun 2020 Dubai
The objective of this course is to introduce new or junior employees to the principles and practices involved in facilities management and maintenance in the Middle East. It will also assist senior managers with overseas and local experience, as it will enable them to update their FM best practice methodologies, to understand current market trends, and to acknowledge the impact of UAE laws on the management and maintenance of joint owned property laws.
Attendees will gain valuable insight into the key areas of FM, including: strategy; governance; risk; finance; asset and maintenance management; service delivery (hard, soft, and corporate services); and contract management. In addition, delegates will learn the procedures to prepare a service charge budget. They will also familiarise themselves with government requirements and understand when joint owned property laws apply. The importance of capital expenditures and reserve fund studies will become a point of focus for attendees.
Practical application will be the key driver and motivation for this course. Delegates should be prepared for stimulating discussion and detailed analysis.
Who Should Attend
- Facilities Managers/Co-ordinators
- Operations Managers/Co-ordinators
- Building Managers/Property Owners
- Maintenance Engineers/Managers
- Building/Premises/Estate Managers
- Building/General Services Managers
- Site Managers/Co-ordinators
- LEED Designers
- Architects/Design Engineers or Managers
- Manufacturing Site/Plant Managers
- (MEP) Contractors and Consultants
- Quality Managers
- Security Professionals
- (Physical) Asset Managers
- Fire Protection Buyers
- Health and Safety Officers
- Real Estate Analysts
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the pivotal role of Facilities Management (FM) in building and operations management, customer service, and the long-term value of a property asset
- Explore the software systems available in the marketplace for management of the facilities
- Discuss best market practices and how to successfully document third party contracts
- Investigate the importance of reserve funds and building condition reports
- Discover the risks and pitfalls in managing facilities, and how to minimise them and protect your company
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of this certificate have demonstrated their understanding in the pivotal role of Facilities Management (FM) in: building and operations management, customer service, and long-term property value. They have also explored key areas of FM, including: service delivery (hard, soft, and corporate services); asset and maintenance management; FM software; strategy; governance; risk; finance; contract management; local laws; and best practice methodologies.
Facilities Management, FM, Operations, Management, Building, Construction, Risk Management, Service delivery, Finance, Asset Management, Maintenance, Property, Contract Management, Sustainable Development, LEED
- Attend and participate in the 4 days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert. With less than 2 hours of absence.
Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Sheikh Zayed Road, Downtown Dubai
The only international 5-star hotel linked to The Dubai Mall through an air-conditioned skywalk. Apart from the immediate proximity to The Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, the hotel is a few minutes away from Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai Opera, City Walk and also offers shuttle bus service to Kite Beach, La Mer Beach, The Mall of the Emirates and other destinations. Sofitel Dubai Downtown guests can avail of special offers at some of Dubai’s most famous attractions that include KidZAnia Dubai, Dubai Aquarium, Reel Cinemas, and Virtual Reality Park. The hotel offers an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration within the New and Old Dubai. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication where you can step into a world of refined European heritage linked to a local culture, elegance and seamless luxury.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable