- 15 Oct 2018 Dubai
This course draws on global experience and is designed to provide you with a full background of the financial aspects of commercial and residential real estate investment and development. Important methodologies – including how to calculate returns, how they are financed, and how to successfully analyse development cashflows, leases and risk – all aimed at understanding how to invest and sell profitably will be explored within this course.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the valuation process, as well as explore the principles behind financing a project. This will include a review of the different financial instruments, how they can be used and their impact on the overall performance of the real estate project.
To maximise this learning opportunity, practical simulation exercises have been included throughout the course. Please be sure to bring your own laptop to ensure you can take part in these exercises to help link theory with practical systems and reinforce the understanding of the material presented.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Real Estate Managers
- Real Estate Analysts and Investors
- Real Estate Planners and Developers
- Property Owners and Managers
- Government Officials and Regulators
- Mortgage Brokers, Bankers and Lenders
- Investment Bankers/Managers, Venture Capitalists, and Private Equity Specialists
- Finance Managers and Analysts
It will also benefit non-finance and finance professionals from both real estate and private equity companies.
Real estate evaluation experience is not required, but delegates are expected to possess a basic understanding of principles of real estate finance and investment such as present value. Investors, lenders, borrowers, valuers, property developers, government agents involved in real estate planning and financing decisions, and financial analysts of all types will greatly benefit from attending this course.
Benefits of Attending
- Learn the key financial concepts, calculations and ratios needed to analyse investment and development proposals for real estate
- Discover the most widely-practised property income and capital valuation techniques
- Understand the differences between real estate, corporate and project finance models and applications
- Appreciate how leases work and how they influence real estate valuation
- Analyse risks for real estate development and investment, and apply them to spreadsheets and other real estate software
Dr. Julian Spencer Roche
From an old real estate family in the UK, Dr. Julian Roche worked as an economist for DCI McGraw-Hill and as a partner in a real estate development company with US investments before launching his own real estate consultancy specialising in global data provision. Later he spent five years as a senior consultant to a venture capital company in the UK, where he advised on corporate structure, flotations, trade sales and business valuations. He has also published several books on real estate derivatives and business valuations, and has presented real estate courses internationally for over 10 years.
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
133 Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 343 3333
Fax: +971 4 407 2517
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the course assessment will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable