This course draws on global experience and is designed to provide you with a full background of the financial aspects of commercial and residential real estate investment and development. Important methodologies – including how to calculate returns, how they are financed, and how to successfully analyse development cashflows, leases and risk – all aimed at understanding how to invest and sell profitably will be explored within this course.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the valuation process, as well as explore the principles behind financing a project. This will include a review of the different financial instruments, how they can be used and their impact on the overall performance of the real estate project.
To maximise this learning opportunity, practical simulation exercises have been included throughout the course. Please be sure to bring your own laptop to ensure you can take part in these exercises to help link theory with practical systems and reinforce the understanding of the material presented.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Real Estate Managers
- Real Estate Analysts and Investors
- Real Estate Planners and Developers
- Property Owners and Managers
- Government Officials and Regulators
- Mortgage Brokers, Bankers and Lenders
- Investment Bankers/Managers, Venture Capitalists, and Private Equity Specialists
- Finance Managers and Analysts
It will also benefit non-finance and finance professionals from both real estate and private equity companies. Delegates are expected to possess a basic understanding of principles of real estate finance and investment such as present value.
Benefits of Attending
- Learn the key financial concepts, ratios, and models needed to analyse investment and development proposals for Gulf and Western real estate
- Explore the use of propTech and modern technology in real estate strategy for development and investment
- Appreciate how leases work and how they influence real estate valuation
- Analyse risks for real estate development and investment, and apply them to spreadsheets and other real estate software
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Dr. Julian Spencer Roche
From an old real estate family in the UK, Dr. Julian Roche worked as an economist for DCI McGraw-Hill and as a partner in a real estate development company with US investments before launching his own real estate consultancy specialising in global data provision.
Later he spent five years as a senior consultant to a venture capital company in the UK, where he advised on corporate structure, flotations, trade sales and business valuations. He has also published several books on real estate derivatives and business valuations, and has presented real estate courses internationally for over 10 years.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Real Estate Finance for Investment & Development badge are able to apply key financial concepts, calculations, ratios and models to analyse investment and development proposals for Gulf and Western real estate. They have explored financial management, propTech, leases, real estate valuation, risk, and real estate software – all aimed at understanding how to invest and sell profitably. They are also able to successfully implement valuation, investment, and development frameworks.
Understanding land and evolving asset classes, real estate and modern technology, risk analysis, market analysis, funding real estate projects, leasing analysis, accounting, financial management, indirect property investment, tax, strategy, measuring property performance, investment portfolio analysis, real estate securitisation
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa/CPD Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect