This course covers the methods and concepts of real estate valuation. In this course, you will learn to value most typical forms of real estate using a variety of techniques and methods, in the same way as a chartered surveyor. The focus is on properties and market conditions in the Gulf, but with plenty of international examples, including land, properties with development potential, and different classes of property such as offices, retail, hotels, and warehouses, as well as residential property valuation.
Who Should Attend
Delegates are expected to possess basic understanding of principles of real estate finance and investment.
This course would be of interest to professionals who develop, finance, manage, buy or sell real estate, and especially:
- Real Estate Investors and Analysts
- Real Estate Developers
- Real Estate Managers
- Planning and development professionals in real estate businesses
- Bankers and Lenders
- Mortgage Brokers
- Property Owners
- Finance Managers and Analysts
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the most widely-practiced property income valuation techniques and be able to critically analyse a real estate investment proposal
- Identify the cost of capital for real estate
- Confidently implement discounted cash flow valuation frameworks
- Be equipped to successfully negotiate terms of a real estate transaction
Dr. Julian Spencer Roche
From an old real estate family in the UK, Dr. Julian Roche worked as an economist for DRI McGraw-Hill and as a partner in a real estate development company with US investments before launching his own real estate consultancy specialising in global data provision. Later he spent five years as a senior consultant to a venture capital company in the UK, where he advised on corporate structure, flotations, trade sales and business valuations. He has also published several books on real estate derivatives and business valuations, and has presented real estate courses internationally for over 10 years.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Real Estate Valuation badge are able to understand the most widely-practiced property income valuation techniques and are able to critically analyse a real estate investment proposal. They are also able to identify the cost of capital for real estate, confidently implement discounted cash flow valuation frameworks, and successfully negotiate terms of a real estate transaction.
Property performance analysis, assessing income, assessing capital value, Net Operating Income (NOI), projecting cash flows, creating and using a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) model, forecasting land prices, Highest and Best Use (HBU) analysis, leasing analysis, capital costing.
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable