Event management is a highly pressured environment, and
senior managers increasingly comment on the stresses and
pressures of the job. A professional approach, effective planning
and management are essential to building professional
confidence and capability, leading to the consistent delivery of
successful events. This course aims to enhance the skills of
senior professionals and develop management competencies to
equip them to deliver well organised events and to help minimise
work pressures and stresses through effective planning and a
systematic approach to project management. It will also explore
trends impacting on the delivery of events, such as ‘experience
design’ and ‘the digital economy’.
This course runs in tandem with the two-day Event Safety & Security Management course, and both courses are targeted at senior (strategic-level) Events Managers from across the GCC. The ECFEM programme will be delivered by a senior member of the Executive Training Team from Edinburgh Napier University’s Business School. The Course Director possesses extensive practical experience of strategic management and operations of events, and delivery of executive training internationally.
Who Should Attend
This entry to intermediate level course is mainly designed for event, communication and marketing professionals who need to improve their skills and knowledge about event organisation, planning and management.
- Event professionals such as event organisers, coordinators, supervisors and managers
- Festival organisers
- Conference/meeting and exhibition planners
- Public event officers/coordinators and managers
- Sport event organisations
Also communication and marketing department staff, communication/ marketing assistants, coordinators and managers that will be in charge of planning events for their company.
- Event managers
- Security managers, supervisors and operatives
- Venue managers
- Site managers
- Health & Safety operatives and managers
- Event management students and lecturers
- Crowd management operatives, supervisors and managers
- Leisure managers
- Local government officers
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the theory and practice of event planning, promotion and implementation
- Determine and examine the importance of effective project aims, objectives and budgeting
- Measure the importance of effective safety, security and risk management strategies
- Identify marketing, public relations and sponsorship strategies that will help to optimise your events
- Develop knowledge and skills in human resources planning and management in event organisation
The Edinburgh Napier University (ENU)
Edinburgh Napier University is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland, UK with over 17,000 students from 109 countries. We offer industry informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice, to equip our graduates for success in today’s competitive global job market.
The University is the largest provider of events education in Scotland and as well as offering degree and masters level programmes has strong research, consultancy and professional development programmes such as the Executive Certificate in Festival and Event Management.
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 341 0000
Fax: +971 4 341 2327
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will recieve a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect