Capital projects, also known as megaprojects, are complex, large-scale projects that typically cost USD 1 billion or more. They span many different sectors such as construction, energy, and transportation defence, infrastructure, and ICT and can be found in the largest economies as well as emerging markets. Examples of such projects include bridges, tunnels, highways, railways, airports, seaports, power plants, dams, oil and natural gas extraction projects, public buildings, aerospace projects, etc.
It is estimated that the global market for megaprojects is about USD 8 trillion per year – that is close to 8% of global GDP spent on megaprojects every year. As the number and size of megaprojects continues to increase, one fact stands out: they tend to underperform— 90% of megaprojects are significantly delayed, over budget, or fall short of their promised benefits.
Who Should Attend
- Delegates who would like to advance their knowledge and skills in managing capital projects in sectors such as construction, energy, and transportation, defence, infrastructure, oil & gas and ICT
- Experienced project management professionals
- Delegates who lead, coordinate, manage or contribute to a project team
- Members of the project management community who are interested to pursue a development path associated with the profession of capital project management
This course is not designed for professionals working on projects associated with retail, marketing, legal, human resources, information technology services, commerce, finance, etc.
Benefits of Attending
- Assess the level of maturity of your organisation’s core elements required to manage capital projects
- Develop a road map for enhancing personal and organisational project management capabilities
- Acquire competencies needed to manage each stage of the capital project life cycle
- Apply project management tools, techniques, and knowledge using real case studies and activities
- Be provided with an opportunity to network with others and share key lessons learned from recent projects and from international best practices
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Informa Middle East is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI). As an ATP, Informa Connect is approved by PMI to offer the PMP exam preparation course and issue Professional Development Units (PDU) for training courses in the field of project management.
The ATP programme has been designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of PMI’s members, those credentialed through PMI and others in the project management profession.
The PMI® Authorized Training Partner seal is a mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Dr. George Sifri
Dr. George Sifri is a senior consultant with Strategy Execution. He has more than 30 years of experience in managing projects and has worked with companies such as Motorola, HP, DOW JONES, BP, ABB Group, Orange, PKN Orlen, Lukoil, Novatek, Evraz, and Novartis. He worked on consultation projects such as PMO planning and implementation, procurement strategy development, schedule and cost risk reviews, risk management workshops, and project management procedures development, and reviews.Dr. Sifri has been working extensively with BP “Projects & Engineering College” since 2002 where he delivered courses in UK, Singapore, China, Egypt, and USA. He has also been working with LUKOIL and Moscow School of Management “SKOLKOVO” since July 2013 where he designed, developed and delivered “LUKOIL Project Management Process” Course. As of today, he completed more than fourteen deliveries in Russia, Uzbekistan, and United Arab Emirates. Moreover, Dr. Sifri has designed/developed a fully integrated project management and business analysis curriculum for Management Training and Development Centre in Warsaw, Poland.
Previously, Dr. Sifri was the Head of Software Development at Consolidated Contractors International, one of the top 16 firms in the construction industry worldwide, for more than 10 years. Prior to joining Consolidated Contractors International, Dr. Sifri was the EDP manager for Save the Children Federation; a US based non-government organization that works closely with UNICEF, for more than six years. Dr. Sifri was the Head of Product Development at Computers and Communication Technology (CCT) for the period 1999 - 2001.
Dr. Sifri has given numerous lectures and training courses on strategic information systems, managing software development, relational databases, electronic document management systems, software risk assessment, information systems auditing, workflow systems, project control systems, document control systems, managing mega industrial projects, and knowledge management to practicing professionals around the world. He is also the author of tens of articles on project management.
Professional & Academic Qualifications
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete an assessment, will receive an Informa/PMI® Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect