Modern Internal Audit functions have a key role in enabling organisations to deliver projects within cost targets, to the required quality and on time. You will develop greater understanding of how the risk-based audit approach provides the opportunity to improve the organisation's delivery of projects.
Through evaluation of why projects do not achieve the desired outcome and what can be done to avoid common mistakes in project delivery, this course practically demonstrates how internal auditors are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support success.
This course will also cover a range of key projects, common in the majority of organisations, to provide deeper understanding of how to approach auditing these projects in a practical and cost-effective way.
In addition, there will be opportunity to discuss existing project concerns in a safe and professional environment.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who have an interest in auditing projects and contracts. Although the course is focused at intermediate level, all delegates will gain maximum benefit from the course if they have a reasonable understanding of or experience in projects either from an audit involvement or project involvement.
- Heads of Audit, Audit Managers and Senior Auditors
- Project Managers and Project Programme Managers
- Auditors responsible for undertaking project audit assignments
- Other professionals who need to understand the risks impacting complex projects
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk based audit approach to projects
Benefits of Attending
- Establish how to effectively identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks
- Appreciate the benefits of proactive risk-based audit of key projects
- Understand how to audit major projects, including IT projects and Joint Ventures in a practical and cost-effective way
- Apply the concepts and practical application of a risk-based audit approach to deliver project success
- Enable project delivery to time, cost and quality objective
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Informa Middle East is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI). As an ATP, Informa Connect is approved by PMI to offer the PMP exam preparation course and issue Professional Development Units (PDU) for training courses in the field of project management.
The ATP programme has been designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of PMI’s members, those credentialed through PMI and others in the project management profession.
The PMI® Authorized Training Partner seal is a mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Gary lngamells is a professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, UK and Ireland, and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy.
Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and is a PRINCE2 practitioner. With over 15 years' experience in delivering Internal Audit services, and over 10 years' experience of delivering training and advice to Internal Audit professionals and trainees from across the globe, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organisations and at all levels.
Gary has designed and developed learning material for Internal Audit students. For example, in 2015 he authored 80% of the CIIA's on-line learning material for the Organisational Leadership element of the Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership.
Gary has lead teams of Internal Auditors to deliver value -adding assurance and consulting services in Operations, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at numerous audit committees, senior management forums and conferences.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Auditing of Projects & Contracts badge are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support successful project delivery in a cost-effective way. They are able to practically identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks to ensure delivery to time, budget and quality.
Risk-based auditing, joint venture application, IT project application, risk identification, project mapping, identifying risk gaps, procurement strategy
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa/PMI Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect