- 03 Nov 2019 Dubai
Modern internal audit functions have a key role in enabling organisations to deliver projects within cost targets, to the required quality and on time. On this auditing of projects & contracts training course you will develop greater understanding of how the risk-based audit approach provides the opportunity to improve the organisation's delivery of projects.
Through evaluation of why projects do not achieve the desired outcome and what can be done to avoid common mistakes in project delivery, this project management coursepractically demonstrates how internal auditors are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support success.
The Auditing of Projects and Contracts course will cover a range of key projects, common in the majority of organisations, to provide deeper understanding of how to approach auditing these projects in a practical and cost-effective way.
The exercises and activities will be practical in nature and predominantly based on real-life case studies or situations. In addition, there will be opportunity to discuss existing project concerns in a safe and professional environment.
Who Should Attend
Informa’s Auditing of Projects and Contracts course, which will be held in Dubai, is designed for those who have an interest in auditing projects and contracts. Although the course is focused at intermediate level, all delegates will gain maximum benefit from the course if they have a reasonable understanding of or experience in projects either from an audit involvement or project involvement.
- Heads of Audit, Audit Managers and Senior Auditors
- Project Managers and Project Programme Managers
- Auditors responsible for undertaking project audit assignments
- Other professionals who need to understand the risks impacting complex projects
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk based audit approach to projects
Benefits of Attending
- Establish how to effectively identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks
- Appreciate the benefits of proactive risk-based audit of key projects
- Understand how to audit major projects, including IT projects and Joint Ventures in a practical and cost-effective way
- Apply the concepts and practical application of a risk-based audit approach to deliver project success
- Enable project delivery to time, cost and quality objective
- Maintain your PMI® Certification by earning 30 PDUs upon completion of the course.
Project Management Institute (PMI)
PMI REP No. 1419
Project Management Institute
Informa Middle East is an approved Registered Education Provider (REP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI). As an REP Informa Middle East is approved by PMI to issue Professional Development Units (PDU) for our training courses.
The REP programme has been designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of PMI’s members, those credentialed through PMI and others in the project management profession.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Gary Ingamells is a high quality professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, UK and Ireland, and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy. Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and is a PRINCE2 practitioner.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Auditing of Projects & Contracts badge are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support successful project delivery in a cost-effective way. They are able to practically identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks to ensure delivery to time, budget and quality.
Risk-based auditing, joint venture application, IT project application, risk identification, project mapping, identifying risk gaps, procurement strategy
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
133 Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 343 3333
Fax: +971 4 407 2517
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable