In today's business environment the drive to obtain value and cut cost is overwhelming. Many organisations believe that tendering is the key to achieving this. This is partly led by government guidelines in the public sector, and policy in the private sector. Inevitably, the process is not always fully understood by those charged with the duty to implement it.
If the tender is incorrectly prepared or executed, it will lead to buying the wrong goods or services and therefore creating high levels of risk and additional costs.
This course is designed to develop the necessary understanding and skills to gain the advantages of tendering and avoid the pitfalls.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for managers, coordinators, supervisors, engineers, assistants, officers and administrators responsible for tenders, contracts, procurement, purchasing, supply, projects/project management, planning, operations, construction, and technical support. It will be invaluable to salespeople wishing to understand the buyers' mindset.
Benefits of Attending
- Equip yourself with the tools to assess procurement objectives for the tender process, and successfully predict future risks or conflicts
- Learn the skills to ensure robust governance throughout the tender process, and combat potential probity issues while guaranteeing a high response rate
- Confidently construct a bid and tender evaluation process that will ensure the selection of the best and most salient offer for the good of your organisation
- Diagnose which particular approach to the market will be the right one to achieve your procurement objectives, and draft the appropriate documents to ensure a successful outcome
Ian has over 30 years of business experience ranging from senior management positions in such companies as Ericsson to founding and selling his own companies. Ian designs and delivers training programmes globally with particular attention to the GCC nations. He works in many fields including both accredited and nonaccredited courses for example:
Ian divides his time equally between the Middle East and the UK. In the UK, Ian is a lead professor at London Met University and the University of West London specialising in working with students to gain their membership to the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Tender Preparation & Bid Evaluation badge are able to assess procurement objectives for the tender process and successfully predict future risks or conflicts. They are able to diagnose which particular approach to the market will be the right one to achieve objectives and draft the appropriate documents to ensure a successful outcome. They have demonstrated the ability to confidently construct a bid and tender evaluation process that will ensure selection of the most salient offer.
Designing evaluation methods, supplier sourcing, negotiating, stakeholder communication, weighting systems, appraisal procedures, tender sourcing, bid evaluation
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Dubai Marina
Al Marsa Street
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 436 7777
Fax: +971 4 436 7788
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable