- 23 Sep 2019 Dubai
Managing inventories is a very important task. Inventories account for an enormous portion of a firm’s cash expenditure, ranging anywhere from 10 percent to as high as 60 percent or more. Failure to effectively manage inventories can result in excess costs that drag down company profitability and create mismatches between what is available and what customers really want. This course will focus on the purpose and function of inventory and inventory replenishment management.
The emphasis will be on improving your company’s inventory management, demand planning, forecasting, and S&OP methods and processes which will have an immediate impact on your company.
The Course Director, Ravindra, is a senior educator with KnoWerX Education and will use his wealth of real-world experience to provide valuable education for empowering you with the knowledge and skills to minimise inventory and improve customer fulfilment and retention during any market condition.
Who Should Attend
- Supply Chain Managers and Analysts
- Material Managers/Inventory Managers/Stock Managers
- Logistics professionals
- Supplier/Vendor management professionals
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
Benefits of Attending
- Fundamentals of Inventory Management: Recognise the role of inventory management, basic inventory flows, classes of inventory, and the inventory planning process
- Purpose and Function of Inventory: Explore the purpose and functions of inventory, inventory management challenges, costing and valuation, and obsolete and excess inventory management
- Inventory Replenishment Management: Practise basic ordering techniques such as the Economic Order Quantity (EOQ), lot sizing rules, stock replenishment concepts, measuring demand uncertainty, order point concepts, and understand the role of safety stock
- Inventory Replenishment Techniques and Inventory Performance: Understand concepts of ordering with supplier lead time uncertainty, the Time Phased Order Point (TPOP), replenishment by class, ABC classification, inventory accuracy, physical inventory and cycle counting
- Lean Inventory Theory and Practice: Explore the lean philosophy, inventory waste elimination strategies, lean inventory practice techniques, quality management, and continuous improvement
| Ravindra Tulsyan |
CPIM-F, CIRM, CSCP, SCOR-P, PLS, CLTD, DDPP
Ravindra Tulsyan, popularly known as Ravi, is a highly effective change leader and ERP/SCM/business process guru. Throughout his career beginning in 1982, he has gained extensive depth and breadth of business challenges of over 150 companies globally, within manufacturing, distribution and service businesses across various industries. He is the pioneer of the ERP and business process movement in India. Ravi completed an MTech (Mech) from IIT Kanpur and a Diploma in Business Finance (DBF) from ICFAI Hyderabad. He holds the following credentials:
Prior to launching his business, he worked for Tata Unisys Ltd. (now Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.) for over six years. He began his own ERP consulting practice, Saksham Consultants in 1989 and then formed AAKIT Technologies Pvt. Ltd. – an SAP channel partner. Currently, he serves as the Chairman and Chief Mentor of KnoWerX Education (India) Pvt. Ltd., a premier channel partner of APICS, USA (http://www.apics.org), administrative partner of TOC International Certification Organization, USA (http://www.tocico.org) and affiliate of Demand Driven Institute, USA (http://www. demanddriveninstitute.com). He is one of the founders and played the lead role in forming the Business Process Council.
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Dubai Marina
Al Marsa Street
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 436 7777
Fax: +971 4 436 7788
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable