The international free flow of information, globalisation and the speed at which news is being disseminated via social media have made the fields of PR and Marketing imperative for any business, government organisation, or corporation.
From world-leading nations to small islands, global corporations to local businesses, all are finding themselves exposed and vulnerable to the speed of communication and the power of unchecked narratives channelled through the web.
Today more than ever, they are vulnerable to crisis, as they are constantly put under the microscope. It is within this new media world order that the need for constant “engagement” and “relationship building” has become the bread and butter of PR and Marketing professionals.
This course will touch on the latest trends and techniques used today in the public relations industry while highlighting the shifts in the practice. Throughout the four days sessions you will learn the “how to”, “when” and “what” constitute a successful public relations campaign.
The applications of influence in communications and public relations will be explained along with focus group centred exercises and case studies based on the instructor’s own experience with world leaders amidst conflict.
Digital strategies and current best practice in social media will be discussed and studied.
You will have an opportunity to use practical tools such as crafting key messaging around the “diamond” technique and the art of listening to persuade and influence.
Who Should Attend
- Executives who wish to sharpen their public speaking skills
- Managers that need to get a fresh outlook on latest trends in PR
- Mid-Management Staff who are tasked with handling content and promotional collateral for company social media platforms
- Executives in charge of decision making and crisis communications planning for their organisations
Benefits of Attending
- Understand and utilise the latest trends in social media practices
- Enhance and sharpen your skills in crafting and implementing successful strategic communications plans
- Prepare, assess, craft and manage winning crisis communications and relevant Public Relations (PR) campaigns
- Learn the power of non-verbal communications and active listening
- Apply persuasion and influence through PR techniques
- Understand, analyse and devise the essential concepts of PR in order to successfully train future practitioners
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Rebecca Bou Chebel MacMillan
Rebecca manages strategic communications
campaigns for international clients and
governments with a focus on the Middle East. She
draws on her extensive experience, having worked in the field of
corporate and government public relations, and media relations,
for the past 15 years.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Public Relations Practice badge are able to utilise the essential concepts of Public Relations (PR), build effective PR strategies, adopt the latest trends in public relations including social media practices, analyse critically and manage stakeholder messaging. They are able to prepare, assess, craft and manage winning crisis communications and relevant PR campaigns.
Active listening, PR strategies, persuasion techniques, strategic communications plans, relationship building, conflict management, stakeholder management, crisis communications
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable