- 29 Sep 2020 Dubai
Most managers are experienced in delivering results in their “normal” environment. In times of crisis and recovery, the environmental difference requires expanded leadership.
This course trains managers to orchestrate changes within their teams, and with themselves, that make sense to employees and elicit enthusiastic support and action. It provides participants with the ability to:
- Create and sustain employee focus on organisational mission and objectives
- Distinguish sources of current productivity and performance
- Create actionable access to additional sources of performance
- Inspire high quality of work and results
Experiencing difficult circumstances and recovering from them present challenges for which managers are often unprepared. The current events facing the global community and economy can cause fear, uncertainty, doubt, stress, and paralysis, not only for the people directly involved but also for those who are indirectly affected. That distress spills into the workplace and hinders productivity and performance. By the very nature of their position, managers are uniquely positioned to provide leadership, confidence, and create a future of certainty to help individuals focus on their work. This course provides the tools for managers to be effective and empowering with their teams to cause results and sustain performance.
Who Should Attend
This course is highly beneficial for Managers, Team Leaders, and others responsible for:
- Initiating productivity and performance within their organisations, businesses, government offices and even households.
- People who are committed to growing their leadership and expanding their ability to make a difference for others.
Benefits of Attending
- Provide leadership that empowers confidence, commitment, and productivity
- Discern concerns and considerations of others; identify team member needs
- Create and deliver effective communication using appropriate methods of communication
- Build teams to create and expand resiliency and collaboration
- Generate expectations for performance – set and measure performance goals and objectives
Dr Pam Jackson
An American living in Dubai, Pam has a combined work history of over a decade of experience with the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C. and several years of experience in the healthcare and quality management sector in the UAE and neighbouring countries. Her work includes federal emergency management, public finance, personnel and performance management coaching along with healthcare quality management and operations.
Through consultations, training, and performance management coaching, Pam’s leadership and management includes training and developing teams and staff members in response to a variety of crises, including healthcare failures and patient safety violations; operational failures and mismanagement; and disaster recovery.
A notable part of her past experience includes leading teams, public policy response, and personnel management for the Congressional response and recovery to Hurricane Katrina in the United States., one of the largest most impactful natural disasters in the history of that country that caused material damage estimated at $81 billion dollars.
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City
Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Telephone: +971 4 437 3333
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete an assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable