- 08 Nov 2020 Dubai
Are you receiving adequate IT services and value for money from your IT services suppliers? Are you offering the same to your own customers? A formal SLA between the user and the provider of computing services is one of the keystones of today’s IT and telecommunications management.
SLAs are as appropriate to in-house computing, communications, development and support activities as they are to commercial or facilities management operations. By embracing the business case of the user, SLAs can help to justify the company’s overall computing requirements, ease capacity planning, justify resources and establish the case for security and disaster recovery planning.
An effectively implemented SLA enables you to actively manage IT services which consequently enables you to keep IT services aligned with your core competencies, business objectives and departmental focus, all while maintaining high quality levels.
The course starts with a step-by-step guide to helping you design and carry out effective service level agreements in your organisation. Subsequently, the second part will enhance your understanding of IT contracts. This is a unique session covering the pragmatic, contractual, tendering and negotiating aspects of buying IT and computing goods and services.
Who Should Attend
This innovative course has been specially designed for:
- Those responsible for IT, computing centre management, data centres, systems management, computer services, operations, communications, network, user support, sales and services management, MIS, information centres, contract management and administration, technical support, help desk and service desk management
- All users and customers of IT and telecommunications services wishing to optimise the value of services they receive from their service providers, hi-tech service vendors, software vendors, hardware vendors, application integrators
- IT managers new to purchasing and negotiating IT services
- Purchasing, sales and marketing managers, supervisors and staff taking up such appointments for the first time
The course will also benefit those who have had little formal training in purchasing and negotiation who wish to consolidate their experience.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the strategic value of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their role in the internal and external supply chain
- Learn how to implement an SLA project and explore the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) required in service measurement
- Design an SLA format for immediate use in your organisation and discover how to ensure vendor supply services exactly match your needs
- Understand the essential legal background for IT contracts and essential terms and conditions
- Discover advanced techniques to evaluate tenders and how to get the best deal from your suppliers
Fred van Leeuwen
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the SLA & IT Contracts badge are able to understand the strategic value of Service Level Agreements and their role in the internal and external supply chain. They have learned how to implement a Service Level Agreement project and explore the Key Performance Indicators required in service measurement. They have also enhanced their understanding of IT contracts, including: the legal background; terms and conditions; tender evaluation; and negotiation of goods/services.
Managing SLAs, Service Catalogue and Portfolio Management, Creating an SLA, External Sourcing, Tendering, Supplier Evaluation, Negotiation, Measurement of KPIs, Managing Supplier Performance, Managing Customer Relationships, Managing Continuous Service Improvement, Dealing with Providers, Developing SLM Competencies, Project Implementation
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Sofitel Dubai Downtown
Sheikh Zayed Road, Downtown Dubai
The only international 5-star hotel linked to The Dubai Mall through an air-conditioned skywalk. Apart from the immediate proximity to The Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, the hotel is a few minutes away from Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai Opera, City Walk and also offers shuttle bus service to Kite Beach, La Mer Beach, The Mall of the Emirates and other destinations. Sofitel Dubai Downtown guests can avail of special offers at some of Dubai’s most famous attractions that include KidZAnia Dubai, Dubai Aquarium, Reel Cinemas, and Virtual Reality Park. The hotel offers an exceptional setting for business, leisure and exploration within the New and Old Dubai. Welcome to the finer side of sophistication where you can step into a world of refined European heritage linked to a local culture, elegance and seamless luxury.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the course examination will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable