Are you receiving adequate IT services and value for money from your IT services suppliers? Are you offering the same to your own customers? A formal SLA between the user and the provider of computing services is one of the keystones of today’s IT and telecommunications management.
SLAs are as appropriate to in-house computing, communications, development and support activities as they are to commercial or facilities management operations. By embracing the business case of the user, SLAs can help to justify the company’s overall computing requirements, ease capacity planning, justify resources and establish the case for security and disaster recovery planning.
An effectively implemented SLA enables you to actively manage IT services which consequently enables you to keep IT services aligned with your core competencies, business objectives and departmental focus, all while maintaining high quality levels.
The course starts with a step-by-step guide to helping you design and carry out effective service level agreements in your organisation. Subsequently, the second part will enhance your understanding of IT contracts. This is a unique session covering the pragmatic, contractual, tendering and negotiating aspects of buying IT and computing goods and services.
Who Should Attend
This innovative course has been specially designed for:
- Those responsible for IT, computing centre management, data centres, systems management, computer services, operations, communications, network, user support, sales and services management, MIS, information centres, contract management and administration, technical support, help desk and service desk management
- All users and customers of IT and telecommunications services wishing to optimise the value of services they receive from their service providers, hi-tech service vendors, software vendors, hardware vendors, application integrators
- IT managers new to purchasing and negotiating IT services
- Purchasing, sales and marketing managers, supervisors and staff taking up such appointments for the first time
The course will also benefit those who have had little formal training in purchasing and negotiation who wish to consolidate their experience.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the strategic value of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their role in the internal and external supply chain
- Learn how to implement an SLA project and explore the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) required in service measurement
- Design an SLA format for immediate use in your organisation and discover how to ensure vendor supply services exactly match your needs
- Understand the essential legal background for IT contracts and essential terms and conditions
- Discover advanced techniques to evaluate tenders and how to get the best deal from your suppliers
Fred van Leeuwen
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the SLA & IT Contracts badge are able to understand the strategic value of Service Level Agreements and their role in the internal and external supply chain. They have learned how to implement a Service Level Agreement project and explore the Key Performance Indicators required in service measurement. They have also enhanced their understanding of IT contracts, including: the legal background; terms and conditions; tender evaluation; and negotiation of goods/services.
Managing SLAs, Service Catalogue and Portfolio Management, Creating an SLA, External Sourcing, Tendering, Supplier Evaluation, Negotiation, Measurement of KPIs, Managing Supplier Performance, Managing Customer Relationships, Managing Continuous Service Improvement, Dealing with Providers, Developing SLM Competencies, Project Implementation
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a softcopy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect