Are competencies another management ‘fad’ or do they have an essential role to play? In the c20 years since competencies came to prominence, what measurable improvements have there been in corporate performance?
When properly deﬁned and managed, competencies have an essential role to play in developing talent and achieving corporate goals and strategies. High-level, strategic competencies aid and inform senior and executive managers by recognising those characteristics of the business that are less easy to deﬁne.
Competencies, even at a strategic/corporate level, largely focus on the skills, traits, behaviours and capabilities required by the human resource element to deliver the business strategy.
In addition, however, competencies at this level have a speciﬁc role to play in deﬁning and articulating the skills and behaviours required at the very top of the organisation.
Who Should Attend
The class is aimed at:
- Executive Level/C-Suite Management and other executives with a specific role in organisational performance and direction
- CEOs, COOs, MDs, Functional Heads
- Heads of HR, Heads of Performance, Heads of Talent Management, Head of Learning, Organisation Development and Organisational Effectiveness professionals
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a sound understanding of what competencies are, how they can be used and applied in your business environment
- Understand how competencies are aligned with high-level corporate measures such as “Measures that Matter” (MtM), and the role MtM play
- Recognise the competencies that are important at a corporate level – Competencies that
- Quality of your business strategy
- Strategy execution
- Innovation and research
- Performance management
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Align well-defined and executed competencies to your business strategy
- Review and replace your existing competencies to launch and implement the most relevant ones
- Use MtM to determine your own organisation’s state of health
Anne has had a successful 35-year career as a global talent leader. She has worked within large MNC organisations across a variety of sectors including energy, airline, manufacturing, government, and education.
Based in Dubai for over 20 years her international experience includes Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and Africa. Her specialisms include Leadership Development, Talent Management, L&D, Performance Management, Diversity, Project Management, Coaching, Facilitation and Organisation Change. She is accredited in various psychometrics, 360 feedback and personality diagnostics including, Hogan, Birkman, EQi and PAPI. Anne is also a certified Coach Supervisor and leads a team of coaches.
Anne was a visiting lecturer at the University of Strathclyde and currently teaches at University of St Andrews.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Linking Competency Management to Business Goals badge are able to apply competencies aligned with high-level corporate measures in a business environment. They are able to review and replace existing competencies to launch and implement the most relevant ones and improve an organisation’s state of health.
Strategy execution, innovation and research, performance management, attracting and retaining talent, managing change
- Attend and participate in the 3 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah
Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah
Palm West Beach, The Palm Jumeirah
Telephone: +971 4 666 1111
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect