This course will provide a recap of the UAE labour law for attendees to gain a better understanding of current practices in the region. It will also offer an update on the regulatory trends and an insight into how to address issues that often arise in the employment context in the new economic landscape.
Who Should Attend
This course has been developed for all HR professionals within the UAE industry sectors. It would also be highly beneficial for those working as company secretaries or legal heads that have had minimal formal training in labour law and wish to consolidate their experience in the region, as well as lawyers (in-house and private practice) who have recently transferred to the UAE.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand key principles of the labour laws of the UAE and the regulatory and enforcement trends at the Ministry of Labour
- Manage the legal requirements organisations must fulfil in relation to salaries, end of service gratuity, and other benefits
- Comprehend employment disputes and the dispute resolution process from the Ministry of Labour through the local courts
- Adhere to the labour law when recruiting, and learn how to handle downsizing and redundancies
- Identify the special considerations involving terminations/redundancies of senior professionals, including severance pay and protecting confidential company data
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Herbert S. Wolfson
Herbert S. Wolfson is the Managing Partner of Emirates Law Network, an American law firm focusing on the United Arab Emirates and neighbouring countries. He began his career as a securities lawyer in Washington in 1990 and went on to practice in Riyadh, New York, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Philadelphia.
He has more than 20 years of experience working in the Middle East. He serves as lead counsel for multinational corporate clients in transactions in the UAE and neighbouring countries. He has provided expert testimony in US courts on commercial disputes governed under the UAE, Saudi Arabian and Egyptian legal systems.
Herb Wolfson’s publications include a detailed analysis (accompanied by his own English translation) of UAE Federal Law No. 4 of 2000, which established the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority. He has a degree in law Magna cum Laude, as well as an undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree in Arabic, all from the University of Pennsylvania. In 2003, Herb was the lead drafter for a new contract law for the Government of Afghanistan.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Labour & Employment Law in the UAE badge are able to understand key principles of UAE labour laws and the regulatory and enforcement trends at the Ministry of Labour. They are able to adhere to the labour law when recruiting, handling employee entitlements/benefits, and handling resignations and redundancies. They also understand the employment dispute resolution process from the Ministry of Labour through the local courts.
Managing labour legal requirements, comprehending employment disputes, understanding the dispute resolution process, recruitment management, handling employee benefits, redundancy management, resignation management
- Attend and participate in the 2 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion, in hard copy and a digital Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD UK).
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect