- 09 Dec 2020 Dubai
To be successful today, organisations need a winning strategy, and the means to deliver it. Navigating from strategy development to execution is one of the biggest challenges for today’s CEOs, and few are successful. Now, more than ever before, talent and data-driven insight are the differentiators.
Linking strategy to results requires executive conversations about the corporate situation, strategy execution, organisational capability, leadership culture and people practice. The departure point is a set of well-formulated questions which you will explore on this master class.:
- Which aspects of our business are most likely to significantly grow, diminish or evolve?
- Given our chosen strategic path, what are the most significant people challenges we face?
- Do we have the right talent in the right places to leverage growth opportunities?
- How broad and deep is our current talent pipeline for meeting future demands?
- How ready are our next-generation leaders for higher-level, more complex roles?
- Do we have insight into who our high-potential employees and key talents are, their aspirations and possible flight risk?
- To what extent are our people-practices aligned with effective practice?
Who Should Attend
The master class is aimed at:
- Senior L&D, Organisational Development (OD), Organisational Effectiveness (OE) and Talent Management professionals
- HR Directors and VPs (who have a responsibility for people-practice)
- Senior leaders who are responsible for shaping and practising effective talent management in their organisations
- Members of in-house talent management governance structures (e.g. Talent Board)
- Executives who face the challenge of delivering profitability today, and simultaneously propelling the organisation on a new growth trajectory for tomorrow
- Identified future leaders of key roles or functions
The truly successful organisation builds the right capabilities and talent at all levels – people who can take the organisation into the future. And this is where astute business leaders, HR Executives and talent management professionals make their contribution. These professionals play a key role in sharing knowledge, providing strategic guidance and shaping practice.
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how the 4 Industrial Revolution, emerging gig economy, evolving business landscape and leadership cultures impact business performance and talent management practices
- Understand “integrated” talent management and how to align capability with strategy execution
- Work on designing and implementing a talent strategy and design a strategy-linked leadership competency model
- Recognise the significant contribution of talent analytics and explore possible exposure to talent management risks
- Deal with pressing talent management issues and explore why talent strategies fail
Errol van Staden
The master class will be facilitated by Errol van Staden, a seasoned business psychologist and talent management advisor. His cross-industry consulting experience in the talent management domain spans more than three decades in several regions (including the Middle East, Africa and Canada).
Errol’s career has involved several industry crossovers in professional roles. In his last corporate role, he headed the succession planning and leader development portfolio for a global player in the mining and metals industry.
During his consulting career, he has project-led teams on assignments in the following sectors: oil and gas, mining and metals, manufacturing, financial services, utilities, paper and pulp, agriculture, and local government.
Errol, who holds a Master’s degree in Psychology, has a keen interest in strategy design, talent analytics, succession planning, leader development and risk management. He engages widely with CEOs and senior executives about talent management – mainly from strategy and risk perspectives. He has presented at conferences in Dubai and Bahrain on topics ranging from the “War for Talent” to the design of talent strategies.
Errol is the Managing Director of the Talent Institute, a boutique professional services firm that specialises in strategic talent management consulting.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Integrated Talent Management badge are able to understand “integrated” talent management and how to align capability with strategy execution. They are able to implement a talent strategy and design a strategy-linked leadership competency model.
Talent management, talent management risks, aligning capability with strategy execution
- Attend and participate in the 2 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City
Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Telephone: +971 4 437 3333
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the assessments will receive a Certificate of Completion for each course.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable