Global Remuneration Expert and Consultant and CEO
Lemon Pip Consulting Limited
The Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
- 08 Nov 2020 Dubai
Total Rewards encompasses direct and indirect remuneration approaches that employers use to attract, recognise, and retain workers. HR demonstrates value by designing and administering systems and programmes (e.g. base pay, benefits, incentive pay, leave, perquisites, retirement) that support recruitment and retention efforts. This module outlines a comprehensive, step-by-step approach to designing, implementing, administering, and maintaining a compensation system.
Employee Engagement solidifies the connection and relations among employee, manager, and the organisation's mission, vision, values, and goals. HR demonstrates value by understanding and leveraging the employer-employee relationship from both individual and organisational perspectives, developing effective strategies to address appropriate expectations for performance and behavior from employees at all levels. Key considerations include: culture, work-life balance, ethics and CSR. This module uses a real-world case study capstone lesson to reinforce the learning objectives.
Who Should Attend
This comprehensive HR certificate programme is ideally suited for:
- HR generalists or HR specialists seeking to gain further practical skills and up-to-date insights in all of the key domains of HR
- Individuals currently working in HR who lack a formal academic qualification in business or HR
- Individuals considering transitioning into an HR managerial role
- Individuals holding a professional HR or academic qualification acquired over 5 years ago
- Individuals who believe in competency-based, practical, real-world learning experiences
- HR practitioners who prefer an experiential learning environment combined with a shorter, less complex, knowledge-based exam to verify their learning
- Individuals seeking an HR qualification issued by the world's largest HR association – SHRM, but who may not (yet) be eligible or not wish to challenge the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
Benefits of Attending
- Discuss key issues that affect compensation structures and systems
- Design a compensation structure
- Administer and maintain a compensation system that aligns with an organisation’s mission and vision
- Effectively communicate details of compensation plans, both initially and when they are changed
- Describe incentive pay and types of pay plans for select employees
- Recognise the importance of employee engagement and workplace culture have on your management team, HR strategy, and overall organisational strategy
- Define your HR strategy for engagement, based on organisational vision
- Recognise the difference between employee engagement and job satisfaction
- Describe how employee engagement influences the achievement of organisational goals and objectives
- Apply motivation techniques during key employee milestones to gauge and respond to employee engagement levels
The Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
Founded in 1948, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR membership organisation devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 285,000 members in over 170 countries, the Society is the leading provider of resources to serve the needs of HR professionals and advance the professional practice of human resource management globally. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates.
Robert Mosley is widely recognised in many industries and many countries as one of the leading global experts on compensation and benefits, and is also a leading expert in the more general field of human resources and performance management. His main areas of expertise and specialism are in the fields of job analysis, job descriptions, job evaluation, grading schemes, pay structures, allowances, bonuses and incentives, industrial relations and collective agreements, e-HR systems, performance management, performance appraisals, and all issues on compensation and benefits globally, especially in the GCC and Asia having worked in these regions for over 30 years.
Robert was born and educated in London. He became a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, UK and holds an FCIPD qualification. He developed a detailed interest in C&B when he was employed by Hay Group as a Management Consultant in the UK and UAE from 1985-1990, during which time he became a recognised expert on HR issues in several industries, and did HR consulting work in over 20 countries, mainly in the areas of remuneration, and job evaluation and grading structures. He also developed a deep interest in the Middle East, and was the head of the Middle East practice with Hay Group in 1988-1990.
He then joined Emirates Group and Emirates Airline in Dubai, worked for 13 years from 1990-2003, and was promoted to SVP Human Resources with over 22,000 employees in 60 countries. Robert kept a detailed hands-on role on remuneration policies globally, and on all general HR policies and procedures. During his time in Dubai he was a founding member of the DHRF (Dubai HR Forum), and was instrumental in establishing professional HR practices in the GCC.
In 2003, Robert left Emirates Group to establish his own consulting business focusing on HR and C&B called Lemon Pip Consulting Limited, and over the past 12 years he has developed a very successful specialist consulting practice with over 400 clients. He has also completed a pair of two-year interim roles as VP Human Resources at Qatar Airways in Doha (2003-2005) and VP Global Reward at Travelport-Galileo in the UK (2007-2009).
In 2015, Robert became a “Certified Master Trainer” for CIPD specialising in training on all areas of remuneration and reward, and he also became a member of the “Global Reward Advisory Board” for CIPD in the UK. Robert is also currently a remuneration advisor to many Remuneration Committees (RemCo) in both the UK and GCC.
Tom Raftery has established a human capital consulting company – it’s all about people – based in Dubai, using his extensive experience in HR strategy, processes and systems, organisational design, leadership, change management, and compensation and benefits.
Prior to this, he was VP HR for Arc International, the world’s largest glass and tableware manufacturer and was responsible for a workforce stretching from Japan to Africa, based in Dubai. Tom has over 30 years’ international HR experience and has spent over 18 years in the Middle East, including working at Board level with the Nazer Group in KSA and as a consultant with a local HR consultancy.
Tom has a degree in industrial sociology, an MBA from Warwick University and is a member of SHRM and CIPD. He has presented at various conferences in Europe and the Middle East and is an engaging facilitator and trainer.
Tom has been awarded the Human Resource Business Professional (HRBP®), a global, competency-based credential designed to validate professional-level core HR knowledge and skills.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the SHRM - Total Rewards badge are able to design compensation structures and administer a system that aligns with an organisation’s mission and vision. They are able to effectively communicate details of compensation plans, both initially and when they are changed and implement incentive pay and pay plans for select employees.
Measuring effectiveness, evaluating compensation, compensation communication, increasing retention, appreciating laws and policies
- Attend and participate in the 3 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Dubai Marina
Al Marsa Street
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 436 7777
Fax: +971 4 436 7788
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable