- 23 Sep 2019 Dubai
One of the biggest challenges organisations face is operating in
a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment
where continuous change is the norm. New competitors may
suddenly emerge, technology develops and disrupts the way
services are delivered, and customers drive demand for new
products. Rapid and often unpredictable change means the skills
that organisations have today are not necessarily the ones they
will need tomorrow, and it becomes increasingly difficult for an
organisation to make long-term commitments.
Yet, organisations demand and expect their employees to commit to the organisation’s goals and deliver superior performance. Research demonstrates that this commitment is most likely to be willingly given if employees feel engaged, developed and can see clear career opportunities. Career development planning enables career managers and their organisations to adapt more readily to change, respond with agility and continue to meet business goals.
The ability to ‘sell’ career development and convince key stakeholders is essential as are coaching and mentoring skills. Career development planning has become a vital component of the HR contribution and the associated skills compulsory for HR professionals and business leaders. This course will use real-life examples, case studies, practical exercises and research to enable you to think through and construct a career development strategy that meets the needs of your organisation and you personally. Most importantly, it will focus on enabling you to develop your career management experience and guide others on how to build personal and organisational career development plans.
Who Should Attend
This course has been specifically designed for professionals responsible for the performance contribution and development of others. It will be of value to:
- HR Directors/Managers/Officers/Specialists
- Career Development Analysts/Officers/Specialists/Coordinators
- Learning and Development/Training Managers
- Management Development Officers
- Career and Succession Planning Managers/Specialists
- Quality and Development Managers
- Personnel and Administration Managers
- Localisation/Nationalisation Managers
Benefits of Attending
- Make a credible business case for a career development programme in your organisation
- Achieve buy-in and support from all relevant stakeholders
- Learn and apply the tools of career development planning
- Practice and develop your skills in career development coaching
- Strengthen the reputation of your career management role and the value of a career development programme
Stacey Reynolds has had an extensive career working in global and European roles across a variety of business sectors. Currently living in the UK she has also lived and worked in the Middle East. Senior leadership roles have seen her operate as an International HR Director, an Operations Director and a Business Founder. She has
also taught on post-graduate programmes at the University of Gloucestershire and Middlesex University in Dubai, including MA HRM and MBA dissertation supervision.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the final day examination will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable