This course will take place In- Person only.
This training certificate course covers the entire end-to-end training cycle, including planning and preparing a training event, managing the learning environment and engaging participants in the classroom, and following up post-event to continue to support learning. We will cover the science behind learning as well--why and how learner needs and preferences, training techniques, classroom environment, and well-structured materials all affect learning outcomes. At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your techniques in a skills training practice where you will receive feedback and guidance from peers and an ATD expert Facilitator.
ATD’s Training Certificate, the best-established train-the-trainer course in the talent development field, is now Training & Facilitation Certificate. Drawing upon ATD’s extensive research and experience*, this program will help you become a learner-centric facilitator who recognizes and can apply all of the skills of an effective trainer.
Who Should Attend
New and experienced trainers and facilitators from any industry and those who want to gain a comprehensive skill set for facilitating and delivering instructor-led learning events will benefit from this program.
In addition to professional trainers and facilitators, training coordinators, training managers, learning consultants, instructional designers, independent consultanst, educators, or professors may benefit if facilitation is part of their job. Professionals with unique domain expertise who have been asked to teach others, customer/technical/software educators, or those who lead others may also find this program to provide valuable grounding in core training and facilitation concepts.
Benefits of Attending
- Select the appropriate mix of learning modalities to support specific contexts, learners, and learning objectives in both formal and informal learning settings.
- Identify the logistical tasks necessary to create a classroom environment that is conducive to effective face-to-face learning.
- Create facilitation plans that prepare you for a successful learner-centered event.
- Apply brain science to delivery strategies that address various learner preferences and cognitive needs in the learning environment.
- Select learning methods to support a variety of learning preferences to reach the desired learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate adult learning principles and effective facilitation techniques to assess and ensure a safe, comfortable, and supportive learning environment.
- Utilize a variety of facilitation techniques to create a professional and engaging learning experience.
- Use a variety of techniques to engage participants, communicate effectively, and manage group dynamics and behaviors during an event.
- Summarize techniques that can be used to develop and evaluate a variety of course materials designed with the learner and the learning objectives in mind.
- Apply best practices when selecting informal learning networks and tools to meet the needs of an organization.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD)
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly known as ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. For 70 years ATD Education’s mission has been to empower learning and development professionals with the knowledge and skills they need to be successful and remain competitive. We offer cutting-edge training and professional development programs to bring you the latest research in the field, best practice, expert-vetted content, and tools you can immediately use on the job. Each learning experience prepares you to maximize the efficiency of your systems and processes, while supporting and developing your people.
ATD Education offerings are shaped by extensive research, input from expert practitioners, emerging trends in the field, and member and customer feedback. The ATD Competency Model — which defines the knowledge and skills learning professionals need to have — forms the foundation for our content. Education offerings are aligned to the Model, providing you with a comprehensive learning path.
ATD understands, develops, and delivers the most practical and application-oriented training and professional development opportunities. Every offering is designed and developed by teams of practitioners, subject matter experts, instructional designers, and ATD staff to ensure the perfect balance of theory, structure, engagement, practice, and application. This approach means learning professionals can be confident that they are building a strong foundation, while at the same time staying on top of important trends in the field. And our programs are not only practical in the classroom — ATD’s participant guides are packed full of tools, templates, checklists, and forms that are available electronically and can be applied immediately on the job.
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates with full attendance and successful completion of the program will receive an ATD Certificate of Completion and an ATD Digital Badge through the ATD Portal.
*Terms & Conditions to avail of the ATD Member Price: Please quote your Membership Number and Full Name (as mentioned on your ATD Membership) at time of registration. Course fee must be paid latest 5 weeks prior to course date. This offer is only valid for the ATD Members and cannot be passed on to a colleague/relative. ATD Members can click here to register for this course.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect