Today’s complex healthcare delivery systems are challenging and complex. Effective managers, healthcare leaders, must be equipped to manage people and create and sustain strong operational and managerial processes to reduce costs, increase safety, improve clinical
outcomes, and allow the organisation to compete effectively. Requirements for delivery of high-quality patient care include being timely, efficient and effective at achieving patient outcomes. Efficiency requires minimising wait times, mitigating delays, and avoiding waste of resources, human resources and medical.
This course examines operational issues in health care management with the goal of instilling an understanding of the language, issues, and fundamentals of healthcare operations management: operational analysis, goal setting, strategy execution, performance improvement, and their applications in current issues. The intention of the course is to empower delegates in decision-making and problem solving in healthcare organisations.
The course begins with an overview of the challenges and opportunities found in today’s healthcare environment and the changes that are most prominent in the sector, such as evidence-based medicine and value-based purchasing. The course also features connecting the strategic direction of the organisation to operational initiatives, and the use of the balanced scorecard technique to execute and monitor these initiatives toward achieving organisational objectives. Performance improvement processes and strategies for implementation along with case studies are also presented.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people from all types of healthcare facilities and backgrounds and addresses a range of important issues that people new to management in healthcare operations need to know.
The course is a MUST-ATTEND for:
- Mid-career healthcare professionals
- Physicians transitioning into a managerial role
- Nurses and nurse practitioners taking on management responsibilities
- Healthcare policy professionals looking to transition into operations management
- Business management professionals/MBA students who wish to specialise in healthcare operations
- Healthcare administrators and finance staff
Benefits of Attending
- Manage facility operations to deliver safe, cost-effective, patient care with quality and efficiency
- Analyse and evaluate the financial management of health organisations
- Understand the management of change in health organisations
- Interpret and apply relevant health administration and operations research
- Apply operations management issues and identify most appropriate options in relation to strategy
Pam Jackson, PhD, CPHQ
Pam Jackson is an experienced consultant and corporate trainer, building enterprises in partnership with clients across
Additionally, certified as a healthcare quality professional, she has delivered programming to health care professionals and exclusively to physicians as well as to the administrative and managerial staff of clinics and other healthcare facilities in the UAE. That certification includes performance improvement planning and development. Program participants and clients report an experience of power and effectiveness, increased performance, and greater productivity.
With 15 years’ experience working for the United States Congress, Pam has advised, taught, and counselled elected federal Congressional officials and their staff on human resource planning and development issues, management, leadership and diversity issues.
Possessing a unique skill set as a keen and critical thinker, expert and courageous communicator, and disciplined administrator, Dr. Jackson powerfully delivers training that makes a profound and lasting difference to course participants and their organisations.
Pam has earned her doctorate, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in economics and finance.
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect