Healthcare and how it is financed is critical to understand for effectiveness in management and operations of health care facilities. Healthcare markets, finance and economics are complex and difficult to comprehend when the economic principles on which they are founded are not understood. These markets have particular characteristics which set them apart from what might be considered ordinary markets and because of these characteristics, the healthcare market does not lead to what economists would call an efficient outcome.
This course provides a foundation in economics, finance and the theory of markets that helps create understanding of the unique nature of healthcare economics and finance.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who require an overall understanding of the complexities of healthcare markets, their impact and the ability to make effective decisions regarding cost control and productivity.
The course is a MUST-ATTEND for:
- Healthcare Managers
- Healthcare administrators and finance staff
- Physicians transitioning into senior managerial roles
- Nurses and nurse practitioners taking on management responsibilities
- Healthcare policy professionals looking for an understanding into cost effectiveness
- Business management professionals/MBA students who wish to specialise in the healthcare industry
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the set of economic and finance principles that are the foundation for sound management and operations
- Examine the unique features of healthcare and healthcare finance, including principal agent theory
- Eliminate the sources of market and management failures that can be the source of cost ineffectiveness
- Acquire a holistic understanding of the healthcare sector to empower efficient, effective decision making to minimise costs and maximise outcomes
Pam Jackson, PhD, CPHQ
Pam Jackson is an experienced consultant and corporate trainer, building enterprises in partnership with clients across
Additionally, certified as a healthcare quality professional, she has delivered programming to health care professionals and exclusively to physicians as well as to the administrative and managerial staff of clinics and other healthcare facilities in the UAE. That certification includes performance improvement planning and development. Program participants and clients report an experience of power and effectiveness, increased performance, and greater productivity.
With 15 years’ experience working for the United States Congress, Pam has advised, taught, and counselled elected federal Congressional officials and their staff on human resource planning and development issues, management, leadership and diversity issues.
Possessing a unique skill set as a keen and critical thinker, expert and courageous communicator, and disciplined administrator, Dr. Jackson powerfully delivers training that makes a profound and lasting difference to course participants and their organisations.
Pam has earned her doctorate, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in economics and finance.
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect