This course places an emphasis on a variety of tools and techniques used for the purpose of preparing a financial budget for projects and monitoring variances over a period of time in the process.
This course begins with defining the project and the various elements involved through the Work Breakdown Structure. It provides a walkthrough of the process in developing a project plan and a milestone plan which determine the project budget. The content expands further and delves into the complexities of formulating the project budget using the time and material system leading to the creation of a capital budget. Once the budget is determined, you will focus on a variety of methods that could be deployed in raising project financing including the basic concepts of Angel and Venture Capital Financing, as well as aspects associated with Public Private Partnerships.
The course further undertakes a walkthrough of the process involved in carrying out a basic capital investment appraisal of the project and considers basic aspects of risk and sensitivities associated with the actual project results.
Finally, the course concludes with an overview on monitoring the actual financial performance of the project with reference to the Stage of Completion Method and how variances are determined and reported to senior management in the process.
Who Should Attend
- Financial Directors and Financial Managers
- Banks, Lenders and Project Investors
- Government Officials involved in PPP initiatives
- Programme Directors and Project Managers
- Programme Sponsors
Benefits of Attending
- Review the basics of project management
- Understand the differences between project and operational management
- Gain insight into feasibility evaluation of projects
- Understand different techniques used to support capital investment decisions
- Explore alternative means of accessing and tapping into project finance resources
- Understand key forms of Public Private Partnerships in project finance initiatives
- Learn to manage and account for risks in projects
- Analyse project risk using appropriate techniques
- Gain insight into monitoring financial performance on projects
- Identify and evaluate deviations from financial plans
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Informa Middle East is an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI). As an ATP, Informa Connect is approved by PMI to offer the PMP exam preparation course and issue Professional Development Units (PDU) for training courses in the field of project management.
The ATP programme has been designed to enhance the ongoing professional development of PMI’s members, those credentialed through PMI and others in the project management profession.
The PMI® Authorized Training Partner seal is a mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Peter Hofmann is an Executive Director of MFX Options and Solutions (Pty) Ltd, specialising in business management and corporate strategic and operational management consulting. The platform for his current business focus was established through his exposure to the holistic corporate business environment where he built a successful career over two decades, having established and built up successful departments focused on operational and executive management and board liaison.
His integral involvement with a range of international clients includes projects undertaken by MFX such as:
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Project Budgeting & Cost Management badge are able to appraise and monitor the financial performance of projects to maximise ROI, whilst minimising variances in deviations from planned performance. They are able to use a range of tools and techniques to prepare a financial budget for projects and a variety of methods to raise project financing, whilst also managing and accounting for risks in projects.
Project budgeting, cash flow analysis, cost estimation, project management, project feasibility evaluation, project risk analysis, project financing, monitoring project finance
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa/PMI® Certificate of Completion
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.