This programme is designed as a foundation course for participants who may have a limited knowledge of the international cash management business.
Provides a robust introduction to the fundamental elements of cash management services offered by a bank.
Who Should Attend
Newly recruited staff within, client facing, middle office or back-office functions. Those within legal, compliance, financial control functions or HR functions.
Benefits of Attending
- Be able to describe the role, and structure of a corporate treasury function.
- Know the benefits to a bank of the cash management business.
- Gain insight to managing and the influence of working capital on a corporate’s financial performance.
- Understand the banking products available to assist corporate clients in improving working capital efficiency.
- Understand the risks and benefits to liquidity management services.
- Know how to explain the role of a correspondent bank and correspondent banking services.
- Gain insight to the foreign exchange markets and the risk to a corporate of foreign exchange exposure.
- Be able to clearly define and explain payment and collection services offered by a bank.
- Know the role and use of SWIFT and ISO messaging.
- Able to explain bank client access services and developments within this field.
- Gain confidence in conducting both client and internal meetings in an informed and professional manner.
Steve is a seasoned financial training professional with over 21 years of international experience having to date trained in 37 countries. He has been responsible for structuring, writing, and delivering financial training to commercial banks, investment banks, supranational entities, regulators, and universities.
Steve has trained extensively in the Middle East, most recently in Abu Dhabi, where he delivered multiple programmes in partnership with Abu Dhabi Global Markets In addition, Steve has delivered programmes on a range of financial topics including derivatives to both local and international banks in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Saudi Arabia.
Steve has written distance learning programmes relating to financial markets and transaction banking in in association with several academic institutions.
Steve is a recent Fellow of the London Institute of Banking & Finance.
Before his training career, Steve had 23 years of banking experience, 14 years of which were overseas. His banking career began in 1975, at NatWest working both within the branch network and Financial Control. In 1979, he accepted an RAF commission training as a pilot. Steve returned to banking in 1982 with the MB Group of Marine Midland Bank, (now HSBC), moving to New York in 1984 to establish a trading desk for syndicated loans. Later as Director assuming responsibility for the liquidation of the EM portfolio for the HSBC group. In 1990, he joined Citibank, on the EM sales desk. He transferred to Hong Kong in 1992 establishing an Asian EM sales desk. Later, as a managing director, he assumed responsibility for security sales in North Asia. He returned to London in 1998, managing the EM market syndicate desk at Citigroup.
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect