Talk Financials Ltd.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course will provide delegates with the fundamental building blocks to enable them to read and interpret the financial data relating to their organisation. Starting with how a company is financially structured, how it trades and how it is funded, the workshop will go on to look at the primary financial statements. We will then look at some of the key ratios that will allow delegates to read and interpret the financial information for their organisations. The workshop will examine in detail some of the financial concepts in use within companies such as opex, capex, accruals, prepayments and depreciation before translating these concepts into budgeting and forecasting techniques. Finally we will look at the concepts of investment appraisal (including DCF, NPV, IRR and the WACC) and the fundamentals of asset valuation and the generation of goodwill. Delegates are encouraged to bring the financial statements and their management accounts for their organisations to the course to enable them to relate the concepts covered back to their own companies.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers and Team Leaders
- Divisional and Department Heads
- IT Heads and Managers
- HR Heads
- Heads of Strategy and Planning
The course will also benefit experienced managers and directors with a limited formal financial background. Rising stars and manager moving into roles with financial accountability as well as managers with responsibility for the financial performance of a team, department or organisation.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain a thorough understanding of the wide range of financial terms and concepts
- Apply the financial concepts and policies behind the management decision processes
- Recognise the impact of effective working capital management on company cash flow
- Control business operations through effective budget management and be able to assess and control the impact of day-to-day business activities on a company's profitability
- Communicate effectively with financial executives and top management and be able to interpret and analyse financial statements
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Ted Wainman trained and qualified as an
Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) with
Ernst & Young before joining J.P. Morgan
on the Investment Management side of the
business. Whilst at J.P. Morgan, he
undertook a company sponsored MBA in
the International Management of Financial
Services, from which he graduated at the
top of his class with merit.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Finance for Non-Finance Managers Certification badge are able to read and interpret the financial data relating to their organisation. They are able to control business operations through effective budget management and be able to assess and control the impact of day-to-day business activities on a company's profitability.
Analysing financial statements, strategic thinking, break-even analysis, asset valuation, budgeting and forecasting, Du Pont analysis, margin analysis
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 444 7444
Fax: +971 4 444 7445
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable