This course is based around the discipline and concepts of financial management. Financial management is all-encompassing and embraces both the asset and liability sides of an organisation. Although Financial Managers are at senior positions and on par with the CFO and Treasurer, they are not engaged in accounting functions nor that of auditing.
However, he/she is integrally involved in most aspects of deriving the net income. Responsibilities ranging from asset/ liability management, to capital structure, to working capital and identifying financing sources amongst a myriad of options and costs – some transparent, others hidden and some mingled – all fall under the role of the Financial Manager. Given its natural overlapping role, especially with treasury, vis-à-vis banking relationships and funding sources, cooperation becomes critical amongst key players such as the financial manager, CFO and treasurer to ensure that taking, for example, a derivative position, is agreed upon and documented as a financially sound position to take.
This course will help you grasp the main concepts of finance and the practical mechanics of its implementation in different market disciplines, such as banking, commercial, industry as well as SMEs. It will provide you with the necessary tools to make a sound financial decision – as in investments, acquisitions, divestitures, funding, and product architecture.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate Finance Officers
- Credit Managers
- Treasurers/Assistant Treasurers
- Finance Directors
- Investment Managers
- Mutual and Pension Fund Managers
- Hedge Fund Managers
- Systems Analysts
- Product Development Managers
- Product Designers
- Financial Engineers
- Derivatives’ Executives
- Operations or Back Office Executives
- Internal Auditors/External Auditors
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the critical factors and the wide gamut of risk variables in credit decision-making as a financial manager
- Evaluate creditworthiness and cash flow of a borrower, and develop a framework for establishing and setting-up credit limits for borrowers
- Develop a scientific approach to problem recognition, early warning signals and remedial management
- Explore techniques used by market players to cope with deteriorating and unacceptable client quality; i.e. secondary market trading, securitisation and credit derivatives
- Explore quantitative and qualitative approaches for valuation and pricing products
- Analyse the effect of off-balance sheet products and derivative instruments on the borrower’s existing and potential cash flow
- Understand how Basel II Capital Adequacy Requirements affect banks’ internal credit scoring and modelling
Global Academy of Finance and Management (GAFM)
About Global Academy of Finance and Management® (GAFM)®
Established in 1996, the Global Academy of Finance and Management® (GAFM) International Board of Standards (IBS) Accreditation council is located in the EU and USA. Accredited by TUV Austria and ISO certified for both ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 29990 Training recognition, GAFM continues to forge ahead to ensure the quality of its programmes and provide a model for quality professional practice and performance, and a common reference for learning service providers (LSPs) and their clients in the design, development and delivery of non-formal education, training and development.
The Certification Board of Standards has been officially sanctioned by the Arab League’s Academy for over 20 Arab Nations and has been recognised in consultation directly with the ESCA Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority. The Certification Body is in academic standards alliance with the ACBSP National Business Accreditation Agency for Certification Standards worldwide and is a CHEA founding member of the quality assurance standards memorandum of the International Quality Group.
GAFM’s certification body regulates the standards for certification and accredited education and defines the criteria for qualified training and degree programmes which are a direct path to the certifications.
Types of GAFM™ Certifications: The Standards Policy Board awards specialised board certifications, designations, and charters in the fields of management, engineering, human resources, quality, financial engineering, accounting, management consulting, risk management, communications, procurement, logistics, construction, and consulting fields to qualified professionals who have completed internationally recognised or accredited training exams and education, government recognised degrees and documented management credentials and experience.
Prof. Veena Hingarh
Prof. Veena Hingarh, is a Chartered Accountant,
Company Secretary, and a Certified Information
System Auditor. A career rank-holder, Prof. Veena
focuses on the areas of finance and their
interface with information technology as her
specialisation. Delegates gain from her insight
into the working of finance and its integration with IT.
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa/GAFM Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect