“Strategic Finance” is often narrowly defined as relating to the strategic allocation of capital within an organisation, and the underlying cost of that capital.
The focus of this course is to address the fundamental question – “What is the financial dimension of our overall business strategy?” The course considers this question primarily from the perspective of the business executive rather than from a finance manager’s viewpoint.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at a range of business executive, managerial and supervisory roles, though it is also suitable for finance professionals who wish to take a more strategic and holistic view of their discipline. It does NOT require delegates to have accounting knowledge: the focus is on managing finance within the context of business strategy, not on financial accounting technicalities.
- Business Managers at all levels who appreciate the need to understand the financial dimension of their business from a strategic and managerial, not technical, perspective
- Strategy and Planning Managers who recognise the crucial importance of the financial dimension of their organisation’s overall objectives and supporting strategies
- Finance Professionals at all levels who need to take a wider stand-back look at how finance aligns with overall business objectives and strategies
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the financial component of your organisation’s overall business strategy
- Learn how organisations proactively develop and execute their financial strategies – Don’t consider finance as a reactive “lagging” outcome
- Understand the concept of “economic profit” and the supporting techniques of capital allocation and Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Appreciate strategic cost management as a sustained way to spend for value and achieve optimum cost balance
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Ted Wainman trained and qualified as an
Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) with
Ernst & Young before joining J.P. Morgan
on the Investment Management side of the
business. Whilst at J.P. Morgan, he
undertook a company sponsored MBA in
the International Management of Financial
Services, from which he graduated at the
top of his class with merit.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of this badge have demonstrated their ability to: have clarity and understanding of their organisation’s fundamental financial business strategy. They know how to proactively approach and execute their own financial strategies with no ‘lagging effects’. They show proficiency in the use of Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) techniques, and “economic profit” concepts. They excel in cash management strategies and have enhanced proactivity in the management of the balance sheet.
Finance, Financial Skills, Balance Sheet, WACC, Accounting, Cash Management, Capital Allocation, Profits, Cost Management, Business Strategy, Business Management
- Attend and participate in the 4 days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert. With less than 2 hours of absence.
- Complete the course assessment and end-of-course presentation with a combined overall pass mark of 65%
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect