- 02 Sep 2019 Dubai
The strategy of an organisation is often thought to be focused primarily on the classic product/market/customer segment triangle. These aspects of any organisation, commercial or public/not-for-profit are, of course, fundamental. But, they are not exclusive.
Strategy does not stop with these three components. Financial strategy is vital. “Strategic Finance” is often narrowly defined as relating to the strategic allocation of capital within an organisation, and the underlying cost of that capital. When organisations talk of the top-line and the bottom-line they are referring to financial results. Financial management is not restricted reactively to keeping the resultant score of business activities. It is a proactive discipline that forms a crucial and integral part of the strategy of any organisation.
The focus of this new course is to address the fundamental question – “What is the financial dimension of our overall business strategy?” The course considers this question primarily from the perspective of the business executive rather than from a finance manager’s viewpoint.
Who Should Attend
- Business Managers who appreciate the need to understand the financial dimension of their business from a strategic and managerial, not technical, perspective
- Strategy and Planning Managers who recognise the crucial importance of the financial dimension of their organisation’s overall objectives and supporting strategies
- Finance function employees at all levels who need to take a wider stand-back look at how finance aligns with overall business objectives and strategies
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the financial component of your overall business strategy
- Explore the strategy of financial management from the perspective of senior business executives rather than from a Finance Managers viewpoint. Address five principal
- Profitability and Shareholder Value
- Capital Allocation and the Cost of Capital
- Cost Management
- Cash Management
- Balance Sheet (Asset and Liability) Management
- Learn how organisations proactively develop and execute their financial strategies –Don’t consider finance as a reactive “lagging” outcome
Alan Fell is a UK-based and internationally recognised and respected specialist in the subject of Strategy Management. He brings a special focus on both the development and usage of the Balanced Scorecard (the Number One strategy management tool) and the challenges of successfully implementing the chosen strategy of the organisation. After a successful career at senior executive level with a major UK bank, Alan has operated as an independent management consultant and trainer for the last 21 years, helping organisations and individual training delegates to improve their strategy management capabilities. During this period, he has run well over 350 training programmes/workshops, the majority in association with Informa Middle East – with whom he operates exclusively across the GCC.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable