PPM Training, UK
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- 06 Sep 2021 Dubai
This four-day course focuses on all aspects of management, from methods and processes to the softer skills of staff relations. It provides the foundation and the framework for continued learning and development, and is also the perfect model for those who want to refresh their knowledge and manage more effectively.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for supervisors and prospective managers who want to further their skills with new methods and tools and become an even more vital link in the management chain. It gives all new supervisors and managers the necessary tools and techniques to get started in management. During this challenging, motivating, simulating and enjoyable four-day course you will be given the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to be able to hit the ground running as a new supervisor or manager.
Benefits of Attending
- Increase your management effectiveness with your team by understanding managerial styles and knowing how and when to use them
- Develop the effectiveness of your team by establishing a systematic process for planning work, agreeing on expectations and monitoring performance
- Build a high-performance team and extend your influence by improving your interpersonal relationships and building a culture of trust, openness and collaboration
- Find the right tone to come across as assertive, and establish your authority over a group
- Use the Belbin Team Role Inventory to discover your current behavioural pattern and how to manage others in your team using the Belbin Team Roles
- Gain valuable insight into what makes a supervisor successful
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
The ILM is the UK’s largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications. ILM partners with over 2,000 ILM-approved centres, comprising private training providers, further and higher education colleges, and employers delivering in-house management training.
When you register for an Informa/ILM Endorsed Programme you can be sure that it is:
- Practically based, and will complement your role at work
- Expertly designed to meet the needs of leaders and managers across all business sectors
- Supported by comprehensive learning resources
- Externally recognised as a high quality programme
Bonus: every learner registered on any type of ILM programme is automatically entitled to 12 months of free studying membership with the Institute of Leadership and Management which brings a terrific range of benefits.
For full details of the benefits of studying membership please visit: www.institutelm.com
Nick is a well-travelled HR, training and development professional with over 18 years’ experience in major blue-chip organisations. He worked for The NatWest Group, Honda, Raychem, WHSmith and Filofax before starting his own consultancy business in 1999. Since then, he has worked all over the UK, Europe, the GCC, South East Asia and Asia-Pacific regions. Key clients have included The London Business School, KAFCO, The Malaysian Central Bank, Vodafone Fiji, Laing O’Rourke, NADEC, Tamer Group and Petro Rabigh.
Nick is an enthusiastic, innovative and experienced trainer, so expect to be challenged and supported in equal measure. Nick specialises in Supervisory and Junior Management development, focussing on developing the day-to-day interpersonal skills and knowledge to help you to grow into your role. Much of your learning will benefit you throughout your career and not just in your current role.
Additionally, Nick works as an assessor and tutor on one of the ILM’s flagship Supervisory programmes, so he is extremely well placed to help you to explore specific issues. He understands many of the real-world challenges faced by supervisors and encourages you to bring these challenges with you to the course!
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the ILM Endorsed Supervisory Skills badge are able to build a high-performance team and have developed the skills to establish their authority and responsibility over a group. They are able to increase their management effectiveness with their team by understanding managerial styles and knowing how and when to use them. They have also explored ways to enhance their interpersonal relationships and build a culture of trust, openness and collaboration.
Supervisory Capabilities, Management, Leadership, Self-management, Team Management, Belbin Team Role, Staff Motivation, Staff Engagement, Conflict Management, Appraisals, Performance Management, Communication, Coaching
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete an assessment, will receive an ILM Certificate and an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable