Mpower (UK) Ltd., UK
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- 30 May 2021 Dubai
The overall aim of this five-day training programme is to give each participant the opportunity to understand the nature and practice of good leadership in such a way as to make them more effective as a leader, a colleague and a team member. In order to achieve this, the course will aim to develop:
- An awareness of the three areas of overlapping needs present in all working groups: the needs of the common Task, the needs of the Team, and the needs of each Individual team member
- An understanding of the leadership behaviours required to be an effective leader; the ability to recognise leadership behaviours when they are observed and the capability to determine what leadership behaviours are appropriate in any given situation
- An opportunity, through assessment and feedback, to develop insights into current skills in order to create a pathway to becoming a more effective leader
- A clear idea how new leadership skills may be applied in the workplace to improve team performance and deliver exceptional outcomes
The Action Centred Leadership Model
- Achieving the task
- Leading the team or group
- Leading individuals
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for mid to senior-level managers with responsibility for the actions of a team or teams – in all sectors of the economy – who wish to improve the performance of their organisation, their team, and each individual member of their team.
Benefits of Attending
- Define leadership, and contrast leadership and management
- Outline a range of leadership styles and demonstrate your own preferred style
- Demonstrate a full command of the three areas of overlapping needs that are present in all working groups
- Successfully use each element of the ACL model as an invaluable blueprint for leadership according to the situation
- Exemplify the behaviours of an effective leader – nurturing productive individuals and teams with improved quality output
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
About Action Centred Leadership
This Action Centred Leadership (ACL) programme is designed to develop the true leadership skills required by those who need to mobilise others to deliver exceptional results in their organisations.
That means it is designed to develop the leadership abilities needed to:
- Build organisational visions, deliver transformational change, provide direction and inspire, motivate and support teams and individuals striving to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Support the growth of individuals to enable them to fully utilise their talents to achieve personal ambitions and aspirations and find the right work/life balance
- Develop organisational capabilities to produce high quality products and deliver exceptional services to create extraordinary experiences for customers and other stakeholders
- Create a culture where people feel empowered and take great pride in their work
- Connect people and facilitate teamwork where people respect each other and where relationships are critical to organisational success and personal wellbeing
- Create an environment where challenges are turned into value-enhancing opportunities
These are the challenges facing leaders today and as the pace of change in society will continue to accelerate, it means the challenges will become more complex and, therefore, demand more effective leadership in order to build a positive future for everyone. This is the fundamental purpose of this course.
The course is based on John Adair’s Action Centred Leadership model which is widely used across the world in all sectors of commerce, industry, emergency services, hospitals, armed forces, government departments and charitable organisations. Over more than 50 years, more than one million managers have been trained using ACL – and it’s more popular today than it has ever been.
Alan Power believes few people today show real leadership – there are many managers but there are very few genuine leaders. So how do you regard yourself; a leader or a manager? You might ask: ‘what’s the difference?’, and the answer is managers have subordinates, but leaders have followers! Which, of course, begs another question: ‘are you a leader or a follower?’. Reflect on how you do your job; did anyone do this job before you? If so, have you carried on doing it the same way as the previous incumbent, i.e. you followed, or have you radically changed the way the job was done to the benefit of all the stakeholders? If you have, maybe you are a leader.
But maybe this thinking is a little simplistic as it suggests that leaders and managers are a different breed when this is obviously not the case because sometimes we lead and sometimes we manage – in other words, people can be both leaders and managers and call upon their different skills whenever the situation demands. Throughout his career, Alan has been called upon to be both a leader and a manager so has a clear understanding of the requirements of both roles.
As a leader, Alan set up several new functions while employed in a major UK bank. For example, he set up the bank’s first training centre, became the youngest departmental head in the bank’s history, was the first manager to launch a Quality Management system and used Quality Management to set up a new mortgage company which won a national award for Quality Management, and he was the first manager in the bank to adopt the Balanced Scorecard.
As a management development and training professional, Alan qualified as a Leadership Trainer to deliver Action Centred Leadership in the 1970s and has delivered Leadership courses to countless delegates over the years and, with his personal experience as a leader, his programmes are enriched by his personal experience.
In 2003, Alan left the corporate world to set up his own consultancy specialising in Leadership, Operations Management, Business Excellence, Lean Thinking, Six Sigma and Customer Service Excellence.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Action Centred Leadership (ACL) badge are able to nurture productive individuals to create high-performing teams. They are able to develop organisational capabilities to produce high quality products and deliver exceptional services for customers and other stakeholders. They are also able to successfully use each element of the ACL model (achieving the task, leading the team, and leading individuals) as a blueprint for leadership according to the situation.
Build organisational visions, facilitate teamwork, leadership behaviours, conflict resolution, delegating responsibilities, defining the task, planning, briefing, controlling, supporting, motivating, evaluating, setting an example
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable