This course will give you a greater understanding of the emergency response planning process. It is ideal for middle to senior managers or new employees who may, in the course of their normal duties, be called upon to take up a position in their company’s emergency response organisation. Alternatively, the course would suit anyone within the company who wishes to understand the principles of emergency response as it applies to their industry.
Who Should Attend
This course will be very beneficial to anyone who is in charge or heading the Health & Safety function and/or is in a role involving Emergency management. Relevant job titles include:
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator Safety & Emergency Services
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator Health & Safety
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator Emergency Management
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator Emergency Preparedness
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator Hazard Analysis Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator/Public Health
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator/Public Information
- Director/Manager/Specialist/Coordinator/Administrator Hospital Emergency Services
- Emergency Operations Planners, Geographers, and Government officials
Benefits of Attending
- Know how to prepare, write and test emergency plans that are appropriate to the risk that your organisation is exposed to
- Learn how to identify hazards, investigate incidents and prepare a comprehensive hazard register
- Know how your organisation should respond to reports of an emergency situation
- Establish an incident command system and ensure your communication lines between your team and external support groups are perfect
- Ensure you have the right resources in the right place to deal with the identified hazards
- Test your emergency plans through simulated scenarios and experience the pressures in decision-making by taking part in an emergency response exercise
- Assess the arrangements you have in place for disaster recovery
Malcolm has had a diverse career in the petrochemical industry and brings tremendous experience and expertise to his teaching. He was Head of Safety Systems Development for BP Exploration where he developed its health, safety, environmental, quality assurance and security systems at Aberdeen. He also project managed a global multi-media environmental protection and planning system for BP’s chief executive crisis management centre.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Emergency Response Planning badge are able to prepare, write and test emergency plans that are appropriate to the risk that their organisation is exposed to and assess the arrangements in place for disaster recovery. They are also able to establish an incident command system and ensure communication lines between teams and external support groups are perfect.
Identify hazards, prepare comprehensive hazard registers, investigate incidents, test emergency plans, decision-making in emergency response
- Attend and participate in the 4 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
Dusit Thani Hotel
133 Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 343 3333
Fax: +971 4 407 2517
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable