- 21 Nov 2021 Dubai
In times of crisis, organisations must be responsive, not reactive, organised and effective in communicating with stakeholders. In this course, we start by defining crisis communication and then empower you to learn what to communicate, to whom, and by when in any instance.
Delegates learn how to be proactive in advance of any crisis and reflective post-crisis and are empowered with tools, templates, action plans and actual role playing to develop their ability to be effective and efficient in crisis communications. The course, operated in a workshop setting, includes case studies, stakeholder identification, and best practices for message creation and delivery to ensure great results for the organisation.
Key Areas Covered On This Course
- Crisis dynamics: lessons for how crises originate and develop
- Stages of crisis communication and escalation protocols
- Key ingredients and approaches to formulating a crisis communication strategy
- Identifying the Team and their roles: Who does what in a crisis?
- Coordination with top management and other departments
- Crisis communication response systems and protocols best practice
- Create crisis resources such as manuals and online platforms
- Create decisive crisis messages and holding statements
- Case studies: examples and consequences of strong and weak crisis communication in practice
- Simulation and training
- Engage confidently with journalists and in social media during a crisis
Who Should Attend
For anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Crisis Communication, and wants to be challenged by realistic scenarios, this is an opportunity not to miss. This course is recommended for all those involved in planning, preparing and responding to a crisis affecting an organisation, whether as executive managers, spokespeople or communication professionals.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain practical experience and mock critical conversations to powerfully prepare for communicating in times of crisis
- Build action plans to support an effective crisis communication response
- Organise the team of responders and create what is needed to prepare them for their roles
- Draft actual messages and develop plans for their distribution (stakeholders and platforms)
- Build confidence and self-assuredness that allows for powerful leadership in the face of potential panic
Pam Jackson, PhD CPHQ, is a highly trained economist, an experienced public policy advisor, and a quality management expert. She is an American living in Dubai with more than a decade of experience with the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C. and several years’ experience in the healthcare and quality management sector in the UAE and neighboring countries. Her work includes federal emergency management, public finance, personnel and performance management coaching along with healthcare operations and management.
Her experience in crisis management and communications includes training and developing teams and staff members in response to a variety of crises, including healthcare failures and patient safety violations; operational failures and mismanagement; and disaster recovery. A notable part of her past experience with the U.S. Congress includes leading teams, public policy response, personnel and communication management for Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the housing crisis of 2007, the global financial crisis of 2008, the British Petroleum oil spill of 2010, and the Boston Marathon Bombing of 2013. In the UAE, her crisis communications consulting has involved healthcare facilities experiencing adverse events.
Crisis communications can be defined as an attempt to control information and avoid harm to an organization’s reputation when an unexpected and dramatic event damages its image. As an expert in communication Pam has assisted clients in forecasting potential crises and producing plans for their response to minimize damage, enforce recovery, and re-establish trust. Examples of her projects include:
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the assessment will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable