If you are a factory or operations manager, getting a certificate in operations management may help build your career and get you better opportunities. What is operations management training and what makes it essential in the field?
Operations management is an area of business concerned with the production of goods and services. Operation managers have the responsibility of ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective, meeting customer requirements while using as little resources as possible in the process. It is concerned with managing the process that converts inputs (in the forms of materials, labour and energy) into outputs (in the form of goods and services).
Who Should Attend
This course is not only for Operations Managers or Factory Managers who run operations; all managers in all sectors run some form of operation. For example:
- Managers in Finance Departments responsible for invoice processing and other financial transactions
- HR Managers involved in the recruitment process and if applicable, for the management of processes
- This operations
management course is also designed for senior managers, middle managers, first line managers and supervisors in all sectors of the economy
Benefits of Attending
- Explain the purpose of operations management and how to align operations management strategies with the organisation's strategy (Operational Excellence)
- Outline the approach for aligning the operation to meet the needs and expectations of the customer, both internal and external (Service Excellence)
- Demonstrate an ability to use a number of tools and techniques to improve the performance of key business processes (Process Excellence)
- Describe a number of approaches to improve the effectiveness of the human resource (Performance Excellence)
- Outline alternative organisational structures to deliver improved customer service while delivering greater efficiencies (Organisational Excellence)