- 05 Dec 2021 Dubai
If you are a factory or operations manager, getting a certificate in operations management may help build your career and get you better opportunities. What is operations management training and what makes it essential in the field?
Operations management is an area of business concerned with the production of goods and services. Operation managers have the responsibility of ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective, meeting customer requirements while using as little resources as possible in the process. It is concerned with managing the process that converts inputs (in the forms of materials, labour and energy) into outputs (in the form of goods and services).
Who Should Attend
This course is not only for Operations Managers or Factory Managers who run operations; all managers in all sectors run some form of operation. For example:
- Managers in Finance Departments responsible for invoice processing and other financial transactions
- HR Managers involved in the recruitment process and if applicable, for the management of processes
- This operations management course is also designed for senior managers, middle managers, first line managers and supervisors in all sectors of the economy
Benefits of Attending
- Explain the purpose of operations management and how to align operations management strategies with the organisation's strategy (Operational Excellence)
- Outline the approach for aligning the operation to meet the needs and expectations of the customer, both internal and external (Service Excellence)
- Demonstrate an ability to use a number of tools and techniques to improve the performance of key business processes (Process Excellence)
- Describe a number of approaches to improve the effectiveness of the human resource (Performance Excellence)
- Outline alternative organisational structures to deliver improved customer service while delivering greater efficiencies (Organisational Excellence)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Alan Power first entered operations management in 1989 when he was invited to set up a new, centralised mortgage operation for the UK's TSB Bank. Alan had previously been Director of HR and Quality for Mortgage Express Ltd, where he had launched a successful quality management programme. It was the success of this programme that directly led to his appointment as General Manager of the new operating company, TSB Homeloans. The new company was set up with a strong focus on operational excellence, using tools and techniques that would today be recognised as Lean Thinking and Six Sigma and the approaches collectively known as Business Excellence. In 1996 the TSB Homeloans won the Scottish Quality Award for Business Excellence, an award based on the EFQM Excellence Model.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Operations Management badge are able to explain the purpose of operations management and how to align operations management strategies with the organisation's strategy. They are able to outline alternative organisational structures to deliver improved customer service while delivering greater efficiencies.
Aligning operation to meet expectations of the customer, improve the effectiveness of the human resource using key business processes to improve performance
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the assessment will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable