Professional Certificate in Investor Engagement & Shareholder Relations
Investor Relations (IR) is the communication of market intelligence between a company and the investment community, by which the company and its investing stakeholders share information and describe the investment proposition of the company. IR is a critical part of corporate strategic management, having direct impact on the company’s ability to present itself within an environment of rapidly increasing information, and to compete for investment resources. Many IR practitioners are multidisciplinary and professionals combining finance, communication, marketing and legal skills.
This course will provide knowledge in the essential areas of understanding the role of IR and its impact on the management function, IR regulations and compliance, investor targeting, best practice annual reporting, Shareholders rights and responsibilities, disaster management and building the brand value.
This course covers case-studies from the GCC.
Who Should Attend
- CEOs, CFOs, Managing Directors, Board Members, Boards of Directors
- Board Secretaries
- Financial Communications, PR, Internal Communications, Corporate Communications professionals
- Corporate, financial and investment personnel from all listed companies on stock exchanges/financial markets
- Fund Managers and Directors from investment management firms and securities research organisations
- Corporate Governance, CSR and Compliance professionals
Benefits of Attending
- Determine and promote best practice in Investor Relations (IR)
- Structure and implement a strategic IR programme
- Disseminate messages to the investment community effectively
- Maximise IR's role in Corporate Governance
- Manage IR dilemmas, crisis management and regulatory change efficiently
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Sharon Ditchburn is a Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and ICSA (UK), a Certified Practicing Accountant, and holds legal qualifications from Australia, as well as an MBA specialising in Corporate Governance, Entrepreneurship and Strategy. She is one of the few individuals in the GCC certified by the IFC/World Bank to deliver their Director Development Programmes and has been delivering Corporate Governance advisory and training programmes throughout the GCC since 2005.
Sharon has wide-ranging experience at senior management level, including as a CFO and Company Secretary in Australia and the UAE. Since 2004, she has worked with a wide range of listed, private and government owned enterprises in the GCC, including financial institutions, stock exchanges, private industrial firms, government departments and family owned businesses. Sharon is also an Authorised Individual by the DFSA with various regulated entities, including investment banks, brokerages, trust companies and wealth managers.
Sharon is also a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Australasian Compliance Institute and Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialists (USA). She is a recipient of the Solvi Stenbro Prize in Ethics (QUT).
Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah
Marriott Resort Palm Jumeirah
Palm West Beach, The Palm Jumeirah
Telephone: +971 4 666 1111
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete an assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion and a digital Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD UK).
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect