Founder and Managing Director
Business Risk Management Ltd.
- 01 Mar 2020 Dubai
As internal auditors, you face difficult communications challenges. The aim is to provide assurance to the board and to senior management; and to generate improvements or changes wherever necessary.
- You have to be very clear if things in the organisation are not working – and provide sufficient support evidence
- You have to reach a shared understanding with specialists and general managers of what needs to change – and why it matters.
- You have to find ways to convince experienced and powerful people to do things differently
These responsibilities and challenges require a new set of skills, competencies and abilities.
Strong communication and presentation skills are essential in this highly challenging environment, whether this is facilitating workshops or negotiating with management or communicating your ideas in the form of reports.
This exciting new course features a series of case studies and practical exercises covering verbal, listening, written and other communication skills.
Who Should Attend
- Senior Auditors
- Audit Managers and those about to be appointed to the role
- Lead Auditors
- Compliance Officers
- Health and Safety professionals
- Quality Auditors
- Other Assurance professionals who need to enhance their skills
Benefits of Attending
- Apply your learning to resolve challenges resulting from enhanced assurance roles
- Gain management buy-in with your newly acquired negotiation and influence techniques
- Effectively coach team members to enhance overall performance
- Improve time management within the Audit process
- Make sharp presentations and communicate confidently when dealing with senior management and stakeholders
Phil Griffiths is founder and CEO of Business Risk Management Ltd, a Chartered Accountant, and an Associate of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has over 30 years’ experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention as practitioner, professional adviser, facilitator and trainer.
He has held top management positions with four international Groups, in roles embracing Internal Audit, Risk Management, Finance, and Project Management. Phil is regarded as one of the world’s leading experts in Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management.
He has extensive experience of the Middle Eastern, European, Asian and African markets having trained professionals from over 1000 organisations in these regions during the past 17 years.
He has developed over 400 training courses on all aspects of Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Fraud and delivered them across the globe. He is an accomplished author. His book ‘Risk Based Auditing’ is an international best seller and his latest book ‘Enterprise Risk Management – The Key to Business Success’ is receiving much acclaim.
Phil has published research into many aspects of Internal Audit and Risk Management best practice, including ‘The Need to Co-ordinate Assurance Providers’ and ‘The Expectations of Chief Executives towards Internal Audit and its future’.
He is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer and is in continual demand to speak at the most prestigious events on Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit and Fraud.
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 341 0000
Fax: +971 4 341 2327
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable