- 06 Dec 2020 Dubai
Writing effective audit reports must be the most important aspect of the Internal Audit process. It is the main deliverable and the only written information audit customers receive. The risk-based focus being increasingly adopted is universally accepted as the new benchmark for Internal Audit. The flip side of risk however, is opportunity.
Specifically targeting significant areas of business opportunities in the audit programme can deliver major measurable benefits to the organisation whilst at the same time reducing the associated risks.
This five-day course is designed to challenge your thinking about the whole approach to writing and reviewing audit reports and to understand the benefits of a focussed VFM audit process and how to effectively measure the value added.
Who Should Attend
- This course will be particularly useful for delegates that have previously attended the – Essentials of Internal Audit
- It will also be very beneficial to any auditor or other assurance professional who need to significantly improve their reports or implement value for money audits
- Personnel in other functions who need a wider understanding on the modern internal audit role and how it can add business value
Benefits of Attending
- Significantly enhance the impact of your reports
- Improve the acceptance and implementation of your recommendations
- Benchmark your audit reports against worldwide best practice
- Plan VFM assignments effectively and develop testing plans to ensure optimum coverage
- Provide overall assurance on the VFM assignment
Phil Griffiths is founder and CEO of Business Risk Management Ltd, a Chartered Accountant, and an Associate of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has over 30 years’ experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention as practitioner, professional adviser, facilitator and trainer.
He has held top management positions with four international Groups, in roles embracing Internal Audit, Risk Management, Finance, and Project Management. Phil is regarded as one of the world’s leading experts in Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management.
He has extensive experience of the Middle Eastern, European, Asian and African markets having trained professionals from over 1000 organisations in these regions during the past 17 years.
He has developed over 400 training courses on all aspects of Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Fraud and delivered them across the globe. He is an accomplished author. His book ‘Risk Based Auditing’ is an international best seller and his latest book ‘Enterprise Risk Management – The Key to Business Success’ is receiving much acclaim.
Phil has published research into many aspects of Internal Audit and Risk Management best practice, including ‘The Need to Co-ordinate Assurance Providers’ and ‘The Expectations of Chief Executives towards Internal Audit and its future’.
He is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer and is in continual demand to speak at the most prestigious events on Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit and Fraud.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Improving Audit Reports & Delivering Value badge are able to signiﬁcantly enhance the impact of their reports and improve the acceptance and implementation of their recommendations. They are able plan VFM assignments effectively and develop testing plans to ensure optimum coverage as well as to benchmark audit reports against worldwide best practice.
Simplify reports, enhance readability, lead time reduction, plan VFM pre-meetings, performance measures, audit objectives, action plans, evaluating efficiency
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City
Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Telephone: +971 4 437 3333
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates with full attendance and successful assesment completion, receives an Informa Certificate of Completion and a digital Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD UK).
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.