Writing effective audit reports must be the most important aspect of the Internal Audit process. It is the main deliverable and the only written information audit customers receive. The risk-based focus being increasingly adopted is universally accepted as the new benchmark for Internal Audit. The flip side of risk however, is opportunity.
Specifically targeting significant areas of business opportunities in the audit programme can deliver major measurable benefits to the organisation whilst at the same time reducing the associated risks.
This course is designed to challenge your thinking about the whole approach to writing and reviewing audit reports and to understand the benefits of a focussed VFM audit process and how to effectively measure the value added.
Who Should Attend
- This course will be particularly useful for delegates that have previously attended the – Essentials of Internal Audit
- It will also be very beneficial to any auditor or other assurance professional who need to significantly improve their reports or implement value for money audits
- Personnel in other functions who need a wider understanding on the modern internal audit role and how it can add business value
Benefits of Attending
- Significantly enhance the impact of your reports
- Improve the acceptance and implementation of your recommendations
- Benchmark your audit reports against worldwide best practice
- Plan VFM assignments effectively and develop testing plans to ensure optimum coverage
- Provide overall assurance on the VFM assignment
Over the last 19 years, Gary has had the opportunity to deliver training, help and offer advice to internal audit trainees, professionals, and organisations in different countries. This has given him real insight on how challenges and opportunities are both very similar and very different for organisations across the world.
Gary has tons of practical experience, working with public and private sector organisations to enhance the effectiveness of internal audit activity, project delivery, information security, internal audit analytics, and governance and risk management structures.
He has led teams of Internal Auditors in delivering value-adding assurance and consulting services over a wide range of challenging roles, including front-line operations, IT, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at many audit committees, senior management forums and conferences and gained a deep understanding of what assurances stakeholders want and need.
Being a high-quality Internal Audit and Advisory professional, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organisations and at all levels.
His recent assignments include working with different organisations in the US, UAE, Europe, and the UK, in the financial, retail and construction sectors where he has provided training for audit and operational staff, helped to embed new risk management systems, and provided input to enhance delivery of assurance at all levels of the organisation.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Improving Audit Reports & Delivering Value badge are able to signiﬁcantly enhance the impact of their reports and improve the acceptance and implementation of their recommendations. They are able plan VFM assignments effectively and develop testing plans to ensure optimum coverage as well as to benchmark audit reports against worldwide best practice.
Simplify reports, enhance readability, lead time reduction, plan VFM pre-meetings, performance measures, audit objectives, action plans, evaluating efficiency
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments for in-person learners. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect