This course covers everything you need to know as a newcomer
to Internal Audit regarding the most effective audit practices (or
those who need to know about the most up to date practices in
There has probably never been a more important or challenging time for Internal Audit. The ever-increasing pace of change has required the function to change significantly to become a business partner and process challenger.
Internal audit should be seen as vibrant and challenging, adding real value to the organisation and being recognised as a catalyst for change and a business enabler.
This course will benefit all employees who wish to acquire the best audit practices and be able to apply them efficiently.
Who Should Attend
- Newcomers to internal audit
- Internal auditors with up to 18 months’ experience
- Those returning to, or already working in internal audit who need practical guidance on the changing role of the function
- Personnel in other functions who need a better understanding on the modern internal audit role such as those working in other assurance functions such as Inspection, Compliance or Quality Assurance
- Those with a responsibility for providing assurance to the board and need a fuller understanding of the internal audit role
- Auditors returning to the function, or staff who are to be seconded to the Audit department for a period of time
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the key aspects of the Internal audit role
- Apply the professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Plan and complete an effective audit and deliver a range of successful audit assignments
- Appreciate the balance between risk and control
- Confidently undertake meetings with management while persuading them to accept your recommendations
Gary lngamells is a professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, UK and Ireland, and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy.
Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and is a PRINCE2 practitioner. With over 15 years' experience in delivering Internal Audit services, and over 10 years' experience of delivering training and advice to Internal Audit professionals and trainees from across the globe, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organisations and at all levels.
Gary has designed and developed learning material for Internal Audit students. For example, in 2015 he authored 80% of the CIIA's on-line learning material for the Organisational Leadership element of the Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership.
Gary has lead teams of Internal Auditors to deliver value -adding assurance and consulting services in Operations, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at numerous audit committees, senior management forums and conferences.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Essentials of Internal Audit badge are able to understand the key aspects of the Internal audit role and plan and complete an effective audit and deliver a range of successful audit assignments. They are also able to confidently undertake meetings with management while persuading them to accept recommendations.
Apply professional standards of IIA, appreciate risk and control, construct effective audits
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect