- 06 Oct 2019 Riyadh
- 24 Nov 2019 Dubai
This course covers everything you need to know as a newcomer to Internal Audit regarding the most effective audit practices (or those who need to know about the most up to date practices in the profession.
There has probably never been a more important or challenging time for Internal Audit. The ever-increasing pace of change has required the function to change significantly to become a business partner and process challenger.
Internal audit should be seen as vibrant and challenging, adding real value to the organisation and being recognised as a catalyst for change and a business enabler.
This course will benefit all employees who wish to acquire the best audit practices and be able to apply them efficiently.
Who Should Attend
- Newcomers to internal audit
- Internal auditors with up to 18 months’ experience
- Those returning to, or already working in internal audit who need practical guidance on the changing role of the function
- Personnel in other functions who need a better understanding on the modern internal audit role such as those working in other assurance functions such as Inspection, Compliance or Quality Assurance
- Those with a responsibility for providing assurance to the board and need a fuller understanding of the internal audit role
- Auditors returning to the function, or staff who are to be seconded to the Audit department for a period of time
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the key aspects of the Internal audit role
- Apply the professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Plan and complete an effective audit and deliver a range of successful audit assignments
- Appreciate the balance between risk and control
- Confidently undertake meetings with management while persuading them to accept your recommendations
Phil Griffths is founder and CEO of Business Risk Management Ltd, a Chartered Accountant, and an Associate of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has over 30 years’ experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention as practitioner, professional adviser, facilitator and trainer.
He has held top management positions with four international Groups, in roles embracing Internal Audit, Risk Management, Finance, and Project Management. Phil is regarded as one of the world’s leading experts in Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management.
He has extensive experience of the Middle Eastern, European, Asian and African markets having trained professionals from over 1000 organisations in these regions during the past 17 years.
He has developed over 400 training courses on all aspects of Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Fraud and delivered them across the globe. He is an accomplished author. His book ‘Risk Based Auditing’ is an international best seller and his latest book ‘Enterprise Risk Management – The Key to Business Success’ is receiving much acclaim.
Phil has published research into many aspects of Internal Audit and Risk Management best practice, including ‘The Need to Co-ordinate Assurance Providers’ and ‘The Expectations of Chief Executives towards Internal Audit and its future’.
He is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer and is in continual demand to speak at the most prestigious events on Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit and Fraud.
Institute of Public Administration (IPA)
Institute of Public Administration (IPA)
The Institute of Public Administration was founded by the instrument of Royal Decree no. 93 of 10.4.1961, as a body-corporate, autonomous government agency. The purpose of its establishment was to increase the efficiency of public employees and educate them, so as to make them capable of shouldering their responsibilities and use their jurisdiction in a manner that would raise the level of administration and support the foundation of national economic development. In addition, the IPA contributes to the administrative organization of government departments, offers consultations on administrative problems referred to it by government ministries and agencies, undertakes administrative research, and enhances cultural ties in the field of public administration.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable