In the ever-changing Middle East business environment, encountering risk is inevitable. The ability to manage these increasingly significant risks now represents the difference between a thriving organisation and one that is struggling to deal with the challenges facing it.
Many businesses in the region have realised that misunderstanding risk can lead to disaster. The organisations that have dealt with the recession most effectively have realised that this requires extensive knowledge of risk management tools and techniques. This is exactly what you will find in our Enterprise Risk Management Certification course.
As the current worldwide situation demonstrates, poorly informed or improperly executed risk management can mean disaster. Conversely, a well organised and focused risk process and strong risk management team will enable your company to maintain and strengthen your edge over your competitors. Moreover, studies have shown that financial risk is only the 'tip of the iceberg', as nearly 80% of key risks are not insurable. This critical 80% of risks must be 'insured' internally with a capable risk management team.
Risk management has been catapulted from being a useful tool to becoming the very pulse of the organisation and the yardstick by which its management is judged. The key is to recognise that risk is not something that should be avoided – a risk is often an opportunity in disguise.
Who Should Attend
- Risk Managers
- Managers and Directors responsible for the risk management function or process
- Senior Internal Auditors and Audit Managers, other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and QA functions who are being asked to review the risk process
- Finance Managers and insurance professionals who need knowledge of the wider approach to risk management
Benefits of Attending
- Apply the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management
- Explain to management the benefits of an enterprise - wide approach to risk
- Embed an ERM approach
- Apply the different techniques for identifying risks and implement effective risk mitigation
- Link risk management into the business planning process
- Deliver practical techniques for the assessment of people, process and reputation risks
- Record the risk process effectively
Gary lngamells is a professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, UK and Ireland, and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy.
Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and is a PRINCE2 practitioner. With over 15 years' experience in delivering Internal Audit services, and over 10 years' experience of delivering training and advice to Internal Audit professionals and trainees from across the globe, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organisations and at all levels.
Gary has designed and developed learning material for Internal Audit students. For example, in 2015 he authored 80% of the CIIA's on-line learning material for the Organisational Leadership element of the Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership.
Gary has lead teams of Internal Auditors to deliver value -adding assurance and consulting services in Operations, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at numerous audit committees, senior management forums and conferences.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) badge are able to embed an Enterprise Risk Management approach in an organisation and record the risk process effectively. They are able to apply different techniques for identifying risk mitigation and deliver practical techniques for the assessment of people, process and risk.
Root cause analysis, risk statements, monitor RM framework, vulnerability management, practical recording, risk identification
- Attend and participate in the 5 full days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert, with less than 2 hours of noted absence.
Attend In-Person or Remotely
Attend In-Person or Remotely
|HYFLEX COURSE FEE|
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion. A hard copy will be provided to in-person learners and a soft-copy will be provided to virtual learners.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect