- 21 Oct 2019 Dubai
Nowadays, Money Laundering is increasingly gaining momentum and attention, both nationally and internationally. Therefore, the pressure is accelerating on financial institutions to comply with the money laundering regulations, and take effective steps to combat money laundering.
This course is a must, and of pivotal importance, for bankers and policy makers/regulators as it provides a holistic overview of money laundering issues; including schemes, effects, and the wide gamut of techniques for combatting it.
Who Should Attend
- Board of Directors
- Senior Bank Management Members
- Central Bankers (Supervision Department)
- Government Policy Makers
- Compliance and Governance Officers
- Private Bankers and Wealth Managers
- Risk Managers
- Chief Finance Officers
- Finance Directors and Comptrollers
- Securities Analysts
- Investment Professionals
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- MIS and Operations Executives
Benefits of Attending
- Design an effective anti-money laundering programme compliant with anti-money laundering and financial crime regulations
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your anti-money laundering systems by adopting best practice and guidelines designed to detect, investigate, report, and resolve red flags
- Draft internal policies and directives related to anti-money laundering and financial crime regulations
- Apply a risk-based approach and ensure effective management of incidents that may create regulatory and reputation risks
- Analyse the SAR (Suspicion Activity Report) activities; including cheque fraud and kiting, computer intrusion, counterfeiting credit/debit cards, defalcation and embezzlement, Offshore Banking, Hawala and Zakat Activities, Money Trail, Penny Stock Manipulation
- Comprehend the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) processes and tools and construct a CDD Framework
Dr Nabil Zaki
Dr Nabil Zaki has been in the investment and banking industry for more than 30 years. During this period, he has assumed senior positions in both corporate finance and treasury with major Wall Street firms and international financial institutions in New York, Canada and the Middle East. He has held high-profile management positions with Chase Manhattan Bank, Merrill Lynch, Prudential Securities and Tradition. Currently, Nabil Zaki is an adjunct Professor of Corporate Finance and Derivatives at New York University. He taught at New York Institute of Finance (currently known as FT Knowledge) from 1995 until 2004. He lectures extensively on portfolio management, risk management, derivatives, and international capital markets for major Wall Street firms and financial institutions. Nabil worked as Senior Vice President at both Chase Manhattan Bank as well as Merrill Lynch and in a variety of senior posts in credit and treasury.
Novotel World Trade Centre
Novotel World Trade Centre
Happiness Street, P.O.Box 9622
Telephone: +971 (4) 332 0000
Business and leisure trips are better at Novotel World Trade Centre, Dubai. Conveniently located within the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DWTC), this contemporary hotel is your home away from home when in the city of gold. Our staff welcome you with “Ikram”, the traditional Emirati hospitality. Our guestrooms and suites come with complimentary Wi-Fi, minibar, interactive flat screen TV, individually controlled air-conditioning and eco-friendly amenities. The comfortable beds and bathrooms welcome travellers after a long day of work or sightseeing. Start the morning with a continental or full English breakfast in Entre-Nous Restaurant, our all-day dining restaurant. Then relax by the pool and enjoy signature cocktails and light meals from Chills Pool Bar. End the day listening to live music at Blue Bar. Whether travelling alone, as a family or in a group, make Novotel World Trade Centre, Dubai, your place to stay.
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable