Most Heads of Internal Audit (IA) would say that their functions
have adopted a risk based approach, however, has this process
been fully embedded?
Have you for example:
- Linked your audit programmes and testing directly with the risk registers?
- Made suggestions for reducing controls for over-managed risks?
- Challenged management’s evaluation of the residual risks? If so, do you have a consistent basis for this challenge?
- Encouraged management to determine a target for each risk?
- Completed risk based audits of major projects?
- Carried out risk based audits of complex business activities such as marketing, environmental management and performance management?
- Audited your organisation’s website, or social media activities?
- Determined a strategic audit plan which is flexible, but simple to explain to senior management?
- Had an audit plan which was fully coordinated with the other assurance providers in your business?
This course is designed to cover all these questions and other significant challenges of the modern risk based audit role and will help you plan your risk based assignments efficiently and effectively
Who Should Attend
- Heads of Audit, Audit Managers and Senior Auditors
- Auditors responsible for developing or implementing a risk based approach
- Other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and Quantity Assurance functions who are wanting to develop their risk based approach
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk based audit approach
Benefits of Attending
- Fully embed the Risk Based Audit approach
- Advise management on the reality of controls and risk management effectiveness
- Challenge management’s evaluation of risks and sell the benefits of proactive risk management
- Audit major and complex areas of risk for your business with confidence
- Add measurable value to your organisation by the application of risk based audit services
Phil Griffiths is founder and CEO of Business Risk Management Ltd, a Chartered Accountant, and an Associate of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has over 30 years’ experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention as practitioner, professional adviser, facilitator and trainer.
He has held top management positions with four international Groups, in roles embracing Internal Audit, Risk Management, Finance, and Project Management. Phil is regarded as one of the world’s leading experts in Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management.
He has extensive experience of the Middle Eastern, European, Asian and African markets having trained professionals from over 1000 organisations in these regions during the past 17 years.
He has developed over 400 training courses on all aspects of Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Fraud and delivered them across the globe. He is an accomplished author. His book ‘Risk Based Auditing’ is an international best seller and his latest book ‘Enterprise Risk Management – The Key to Business Success’ is receiving much acclaim.
Phil has published research into many aspects of Internal Audit and Risk Management best practice, including ‘The Need to Co-ordinate Assurance Providers’ and ‘The Expectations of Chief Executives towards Internal Audit and its future’.
He is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer and is in continual demand to speak at the most prestigious events on Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit and Fraud.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of this certificate have demonstrated their ability to: Embed the Risk Based Audit Approach, and have the skills required to advise management on the reality of controls and risk management effectiveness. They have also developed confidence in challenging managementâ€™s evaluation of risks and produce proactive alternatives and solutions to risk management. They can plan and audit major and complex areas of risk for a business with confidence, which adds measurable value to an organisation.
Audit Skills, Audit Planning, Risk Approach, Planning Skills, Communication Skills, Management Skills, Risk Management Skills
- Attend and participate in the 5 days of training course duration, led by the designated training expert. With less than 2 hours of absence.
- Successful completion of the course assessment
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 341 0000
Fax: +971 4 341 2327
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete an assessment, will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable