- 03 Oct 2021 Online
Duration: 4-week online course | 2 hours per week
Real estate is changing. The impact of much higher land prices as a proportion of development costs and investment worth, the consequences of dramatically quicker and cheaper building techniques, the rise of branding at last within the global real estate industry, the impact of technology on real estate asset classes and then on top of it all, the stress placed on real estate by Covid-19, together pose huge headaches for real estate developers and investors alike.
The existing profession, wedded to stable cashflow positive properties, reliable bank financing, cash flow concepts of value and largely predictable data, has drifted out of relevance for the majority of real estate professionals. This course, the first of its kind in the world, grounds itself in all of these emerging realities and provides an invaluable basis for decision-making and action by senior executives of real estate companies throughout the region.
Who Should Attend
- Management consultants
- Real estate developers
- Real estate investors
- Construction companies
- Property managers
- Public sector property policy officials
- Major corporates
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Fund managers
- Brokers and agents
- Chartered surveyors
Benefits of Attending
- Understand how real estate has come to dominate the economic landscape and how real estate markets will emerge after Covid-19
- Acquire knowledge of the key components of real estate development success: land, accurate forecasting, branding, finance and risk management
- Appreciate the role of government and the interaction between government and the private sector in real estate development and investment
- Develop techniques and capacity in real estate risk management
Dr. Julian Spencer Roche
From an old real estate family in the UK, Dr. Julian Roche worked as an economist for DCI McGraw-Hill and as a partner in a real estate development company with US investments before launching his own real estate consultancy specialising in global data provision. Later he spent five years as a senior consultant to a venture capital company in the UK, where he advised on corporate structure, flotations, trade sales and business valuations. He has also published several books on real estate derivatives and business valuations, and has presented real estate courses internationally for over 10 years.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable