- 02 Jul 2023 Online
- 26 Nov 2023 Online
Duration: 2-week online course | 2 hours per week
Many companies moving into or adopting Big Data technologies assume that the data management policies and practices in place for their transactional data and data warehousing will suffice for Big Data.
Unfortunately, as many have learned there are significant differences in the management of Big Data repositories, access, security and privacy, data quality, and other factors which are part of the typical data management and governance processes of transactional data stores. Additionally, the management of data for analytics, typically based on the data warehouse and Big Data, requires its own special approach to data management including its own data governance and organizational roles.
Challenges to successful management of Big Data and analytics include the sheer volume of data, the process of data preparation and transformation, the variability inherent in Big Data, and the expansion of data and analytics awareness throughout the organization.
There are also some significant changes in the way the organization deals with security and privacy in a big data and analytics environment.
Who Should Attend
- Business executives responsible for the creation and maintenance of quality data repositories
- Data analysts, data scientists and others who work with various forms of analytics using Big Data
- Legal and compliance professionals needing to understand how to manage and govern data at rest and inflow within the organization
- Business managers and any other organizational professional working with data analytics, dashboards, business analytics or other data-driven decision-making mechanisms
Benefits of Attending
- How is Big Data different than transactional data and information in the data warehouse?
- What impact does an analytics program have on the management of data within the organization?
- What are the changes that must be made to data governance to support Big Data analytics?
- What are the challenges to data management in Big Data, and how are they overcome?
Steve Blais, PMP, PMI-PBA, is an international Trainer, Author, Consultant and Coach who has over 50 years’ experience in information technologies working as a Business Analyst, System Analyst, Information Security Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, Programmer, Project Manager, and General Manager.
He spent twenty years working as a Contractor in Washington DC for many US Federal government organisations in various roles. He also worked as a Technical Manager and Consultant to a number of financial organisations in the US and Europe. In the 1990s, he developed several disaster recovery plans for different government and civilian organisations, and wrote the five-year defence plan for the Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) which outlined the disaster recovery plans and procedures. He has also worked with several Middle Eastern organisations, both government and commercial, in helping them develop business continuity plans for various industries and information technology companies.
Steve writes a monthly column for Business Analyst Times and is a frequent contributor to AllpM.com, Modern Analyst and other publications. He has presented the keynote addresses at business analyst conferences around the world in 2019, the IPMA European Conference (2013), the PMI Pacific Rim Conference in Tokyo (2012), and the PMI South America Conference in Sao Paolo (2011).
He is also the author of Business Analysis: Best Practices for Success (John Wiley, 2011) and co-author of Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide (PMI, 2014) and a member of the core team for A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), v.3 (IIBA, 2015). His new book on the future of business analysis will be released in 2020.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect