Ing. Joseph Micallef
Strategic and Operational Excellence
- 07 Aug 2022 Online
Duration: 2-week online course | 2 hours per week
After introducing the principles of Lean Management and its applied thinking, this self-paced learning programme will focus on a selected number of best practice tools that anyone responsible for improvement can easily adapt and implement within his or her domain.
Successful implementation and adaptation of a Lean culture can be expected to reap high returns on cost savings, better quality and consistency, lesser resource demands, reduces frustration at executing tasks and empowers people to own their role.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for delegates coming from any industry or business sector, and who would like to maximize on return through the effective and efficient gains from implementing Lean Initiatives and adopting this thinking as a way of life.
The target audience for this training course can well come from different sectors and may include for example:
- Personnel involved in various aspects of the operations
- Team Leaders and Managers
- Top Managers and business decision makers
- C-Level leaders and Board Members
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the basic principles of Lean Management and how these fit into our daily activities
- Demonstrate the benefits from adopting a Lean Thinking approach and apply the principles on people and resources
- Identify initiatives for implementing Lean concepts at the workplace and private life
- Get a clear understanding of Lean Master Planning as the driver for executing Lean initiatives
- Create effective ROI with Lean Initiative implementation
- Know when and where to apply a selection of Lean Tools (5S, 8 Muda, Genba, Poka Yoka, VSM, Tact-time, People and Resources Maximisation, etc.)
- Project Managing a Lean Initiative
Ing. Joseph Micallef
Joseph is an engineer by profession, with near 30 years of experience in successfully leading and advising clients through strategic, operational excellence and transformation programmes. He has worked within a wide range of sectors such as: Government and Government Entities, various manufacturing segments, industrial/engineering and logistics/supply-chain operations, marine, aviation and project-based organisations, F&B and hospitality, real estate, education and NGO’s, utilities, healthcare, IT and financial services.
Joseph, who is also a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and an IoT Leader, has a strong background in consulting and advising clients, together with coaching and mentoring services, designed to facilitate the establishment of effective, value-adding and quality-driven business processes and supporting structures within organisations.
A regular speaker and facilitator at a number of training seminars, workshops and conferences, he has trained several hundreds of middle-management level and top executive management delegates. Joseph is a member of several engineering institutions such as the Chamber of Engineers (Malta), The Institute of Engineering and Technology (UK), the European Federation of National Engineering Institutions (FEANI), he is a registered Chartered Engineer through the Engineering Council in the UK, and served as an active board member on the Malta Engineering Board between 2012 and 2016. He currently also serves as an active member on the Quality Committee within the Malta Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise and Industry.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will earn a digital badge.
Earners of the Lean Manager badge possess the the basic principles of Lean Management and understand how to identify initiatives for their application. Earners would be able to know when and where to apply a selection of Lean Tools (5S, 8 Muda, Genba, Poka Yoka, VSM, Tact-time, People and Resources Maximisation, etc.), and be able to manage a Lean Initiative project.
Apply basic principles of Lean Management, demonstrate the benefits from adopting a Lean Thinking approach, implement Lean initiatives
- Successful completion of all modules of the 2-week online course
- Pass all module online assessments with a score of at least 70%
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect