Internal Auditor | Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- 13 Nov 2022 Online
The role of the modern-day internal auditor is that of assurance provider and consultant. Internal auditors, and internal audit functions, must acquire, possess, develop, and/or enhance the knowledge, skills, experience, and competencies required to deliver added value and enrich the overall assurance delivered.
Talent management is the systematic attraction, identification, development, engagement, retention and deployment of those individuals who are of particular value to internal audit, both in terms of their future potential and the need to deliver high quality internal audit services in the present. Talent management is about having the right level of skills and experience in the organisation to achieve current and future objectives.
This means developing talent internally as well as recruiting external talent. The skills and competencies required to deliver value have changed in recent years as a result of changes in organisational requirements, market pressures, and financial constraints.
Who Should Attend
Although this programme will benefit everyone who is involved in internal audit, it will be particularly insightful for those who are leading and managing teams or responsible for ensuring that the internal audit function is adequately resourced.
The course will also be beneficial to those aspiring to be future internal audit leaders and those who are seeking to understand the skills, knowledge and competencies required for modern internal audit functions.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the principles of talent management and the significant benefits of implementing a talent management approach
- Identify the key attributes of internal audit staff to protect delivery of effective internal audit services both now and in the future.
- Examine the requirements of the new IIA Competency Framework to deliver added value to the organisation.
- Evaluate the options for training and developing staff that meet the requirements of their own organisation.
- Appreciate the benefits of coaching and mentoring to improve motivation and performance.
- Recognise the measures to monitor the outcomes of training and development activity.
Gary lngamells is a professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, UK and Ireland, and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy.
Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and is a PRINCE2 practitioner. With over 15 years' experience in delivering Internal Audit services, and over 10 years' experience of delivering training and advice to Internal Audit professionals and trainees from across the globe, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organisations and at all levels.
Gary has designed and developed learning material for Internal Audit students. For example, in 2015 he authored 80% of the CIIA's on-line learning material for the Organisational Leadership element of the Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership.
Gary has lead teams of Internal Auditors to deliver value -adding assurance and consulting services in Operations, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at numerous audit committees, senior management forums and conferences.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect