Internal Auditor | Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- 11 Sep 2022 Online
The role of internal auditing continues to evolve as organisations demand increasing levels of assurance, advice and insight from this key function. Throughout this course we will review the latest insights relating to internal audit plans, including latest guidance issued by Global IIA.
This course portrays the way in which this changing approach to internal auditing in modern organisations contributes to organisational effectiveness through the development of plans that support the organization’s strategic objectives.
Internal audit planning is not performed in isolation. The audit plans provide a key opportunity to understand (and deliver) on the requirements of internal audit stakeholders – inside and outside the organisation. Stakeholders such as the Board, Audit Committee, Business Directors as well as external audit and regulators need to know that the internal audit function is delivering work to help the organization achieve its objectives.
The audit strategic plan is a key document in demonstrating the value that internal audit is able to provide by effectively coordinating with other assurance providers within the organization to reduce duplication and disruption and to improve the assurance the organization receives.
Who Should Attend
- Heads of Audit
- Audit managers
- Senior auditors
- Auditors responsible for developing or implementing a strategic internal audit plan
- Auditors responsible for developing or implementing a tactical internal audit plan
- Auditors who are new to internal audit
- Other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and QA functions who are wanting to develop their own planning approach
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of how internal audit plans its work to ensure it aligns to the achievement of the organisation’s objectives
Benefits of Attending
- Learn how to assess stakeholder requirements and to engage effectively with stakeholders to ensure the Internal Audit function delivers a world-class internal audit service. This will include understanding the key challenges in developing effective internal audit plans, ensuring plans are appropriately resourced and agreed with all relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate and use key tools to understand the organization’s environment, risk maturity and competing priorities.
- Examine the latest professional guidance relating to strategic and tactical internal audit planning, including the updated three lines of defense model.
- Identify best practice to gain agreement for proposed plans and the necessary internal audit resources to implement, monitor and successfully deliver the agreed plans.
- Use the new Global IIA Competency Framework to map assess your current expertise in internal audit planning against the competencies of professionalism, leadership and communication, and environment.
Gary lngamells is a professional Internal Auditor and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, UK and Ireland, and the founder of CCS Training and Consultancy.
Gary also holds a BA in Business Studies, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation and is a PRINCE2 practitioner. With over 15 years' experience in delivering Internal Audit services, and over 10 years' experience of delivering training and advice to Internal Audit professionals and trainees from across the globe, Gary is an expert on the audit process and how this can be utilised to deliver real value to all organisations and at all levels.
Gary has designed and developed learning material for Internal Audit students. For example, in 2015 he authored 80% of the CIIA's on-line learning material for the Organisational Leadership element of the Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership.
Gary has lead teams of Internal Auditors to deliver value -adding assurance and consulting services in Operations, Information Security and Professional Services. Gary has represented Internal Audit at numerous audit committees, senior management forums and conferences.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect