This course covers the methods and concepts of real estate valuation. In this course, you will learn to value most typical forms of real estate using a variety of techniques and methods, in the same way as a chartered surveyor. The focus is on properties and market conditions in the Gulf, but with plenty of international examples, including land, properties with development potential, and different classes of property such as offices, retail, hotels, and warehouses, as well as residential property valuation.
Who Should Attend
Delegates are expected to possess basic understanding of principles of real estate finance and investment.
This course would be of interest to professionals who develop, finance, manage, buy or sell real estate, and especially:
- Real Estate Investors and Analysts
- Real Estate Developers
- Real Estate Managers
- Planning and development professionals in real estate businesses
- Bankers and Lenders
- Mortgage Brokers
- Property Owners
- Finance Managers and Analysts
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the most widely-practiced property income valuation techniques and be able to critically analyse a real estate investment proposal
- Identify the cost of capital for real estate
- Confidently implement discounted cash flow valuation frameworks
- Be equipped to successfully negotiate terms of a real estate transaction
Dr. Julian Spencer Roche
From an old real estate family in the UK, Dr. Julian Roche worked as an economist for DRI McGraw-Hill and as a partner in a real estate development company with US investments before launching his own real estate consultancy specialising in global data provision. Later he spent five years as a senior consultant to a venture capital company in the UK, where he advised on corporate structure, flotations, trade sales and business valuations. He has also published several books on real estate derivatives and business valuations, and has presented real estate courses internationally for over 10 years.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable