“Business acumen.” A term commonly used within the modern business environment. But what does it truly mean and how can you develop it?
This unique, interactive and comprehensive executive management masterclass has been designed with all Directors, Senior and Middle Managers, Section Heads, Strategists and Analysts in mind. Those who want to recognise and achieve their full potential as professionals and then support the company in the most efficient and effective way possible, whilst finding answers to some of their own professional problems, will greatly benefit from this course.
The programme will provide you with the skills and insights to develop their business acumen, by developing your leadership, strategy and organisational capabilities, whilst extending your broader view on commercial issues.In addition, you will learn the importance of flexibility, focus, empathy, encouragement and a well-balanced approach to working in the modern business context. You will also learn how business awareness, thinking styles, problem solving skills, emotional intelligence and cultural matters are important in guiding both yourself and others towards success – creating smart people and people-smart strategies.
Who Should Attend
- Directors and Managers who have high levels of capability and accountability in the organisation and wish to strengthen and focus their business acumen
- Fast-tracked leaders with growing responsibility, who wish to strengthen their business acumen, strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- Managers of a functional area who are preparing for advancement into positions where a business-wide perspective is required
- New and talented Managers who recently entered into leadership positions and want to increase their range of expertise and experience with broader industry exposure
Benefits of Attending
- Play an extended and strategic role in leading your management team by enhancing your business intelligence and organisational skills
- Be the positive force in developing yourself, your people, your company and its future towards commercial success
- Innovate your business to increase organisational effectiveness, by developing your decision-making skills to face challenges effectively
- Maintain a strong awareness of finance, marketing, your business environment and the wider economy, in order to adapt to changes in the market and remain ahead of the competition
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
John Alan Davis
John Alan Davis is a strategy consultant, facilitator and negotiator with extensive international operational experience, linked to global marketing capabilities and technical awareness. He is Founder and Managing Director of Scott Davis Management, a company providing executive management development programmes for over 17 years.
He started as a development engineer in the aerospace industry with Plessey Dynamics, and moved into strategy development with INA and into market management in W R Grace on food packaging. As SKF’s marketing director in the UK, John was responsible for business strategy, business planning and financial strategy to grow market share for profit. After a global strategy role with SKF he became marketing director for the Middle East and Africa developing financial and distribution strategies to grow market share and profitability. Following that role as chief executive for the number two bearing company FA’G, his responsibility for strategy and business development produced high growth.
John has been one of Informa’s senior associates creating ‘strategic skills for senior managers’, a series of very successful public programmes attracting Mobily, Sabic, Saudi Hollandia, NBK, SABB, Hadida, Markaz and others.
Over the years he has developed and delivered a strategic skills forum and several courses on strategic thinking and planning, strategic business planning, and aligning budgeting with strategy. His personal expertise in designing and delivering strategy, leadership and management development programmes and seminars for CEOs, senior and executive vice presidents, senior and middle management, analysts, engineers and specialists with Informa has achieved a strong reputation in the Middle East.
The work has produced high levels of business competence and organisational skill for major companies such as Sabic, Siemens, DEWA, Etisalat, Tanmia, ADNOC, Saudi Aramco, MAF Carrefour, Dolphin Energy, Royal Commission Hospital, Spimaco and banks and finance houses including ADCB, UNB, CBD, SABB, Mubadala, IPIC, UIC and many others.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect