The management of risk has developed and come to the fore in business thinking over recent years. In particular, risk in supply chains has attracted attention. Factors such as supplier reduction, closer relationships and the development of lean or agile supply chains have increased dependency within the supply network. Disruption or variability of supply can have severe ramifications on dependent supply chains. In consequence, the considerable management of supply chain risk and vulnerability is an increasing requirement and discipline for contemporary businesses.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to appraise a variety of tools and techniques to:
- Establish the level of risk in supply chains
- Recommend ways of avoiding, mitigating or managing those risks
This course is designed to enable you to undertake risk analysis and apply a range of appropriate risk management tools and techniques in supply chains.
Who Should Attend
The course is a must-attend event for anyone wishing to enhance their understanding of risk and use techniques to mitigate the negative impact on their enterprise. Some job titles include:
- Supply Chain Managers
- Risk Managers
- Procurement Managers
- Senior Buyers
- Contract Managers
- Supplier/Vendor Relationship Managers
- Project Managers
Benefits of Attending
- Develop an understanding of supply risk and its impact on sustainable business
- Learn how to undertake risk analysis in supply chains and apply a range of risk management tools and techniques
- Appraise a variety of tools and techniques to establish the level of risk in supply chains
- Be able to recommend ways of avoiding, mitigating or managing supply chain risks
Ian has 30 years of business experience ranging from senior management positions in such companies as Ericsson, to founding and selling his own companies. Ian designs and delivers training programmes globally with particular attention to the GCC nations. He works in many fields including both accredited and non-accredited courses, for example:
Ian divides his time equally between the Middle East and the UK. In the UK, Ian is a lead professor at London Met University and the University of West London specialising in working with students to gain their membership to the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable