Increasingly, companies do the most of their business with fewer customers than ever before, so it is of paramount importance to acquire, grow and retain these key accounts. Not only are they your most important clients, they are also the ones at most risk of attack from your competition. The loss of one major account could have a disastrous eﬀect on your survival, conversely acquiring an extra one can double profitability. In many companies, multiple lines of business have meant that some of their key clients are handled by diﬀerent individuals leading to confusion amongst customers as to who they are really dealing.
Developing your strategic plans and your key account managers’ skillset must therefore, be a priority to enable you to build sustainable relationships, create excellent customer retention, improve sales, increase margins and ensure ongoing customer loyalty. Key account management needs a strategic planning approach that goes way beyond traditional selling. Modern key account managers need to deploy a range of business, communication and relationship building skills to maximise the value of strategic planning.
This course provides delegates with the strategies and skills needed to ensure that key account relationships are nurtured into highly valued partnerships. You will use best practice principles to complete the individual assessments, account audits and account plans needed to maximise opportunities and to protect your key accounts from competitor attack.
Who Should Attend
- Junior salesmen seeking to transition to key account management
- Trade promotions and relationship managers
- Category and channel managers
- Activation managers
- Customer Marketing Managers and Brand managers
Benefits of Attending
- Manage the attitude of your team for an improved performance
- Hold highly eﬀective conversations with clients that uncover the maximum opportunity for their business
- “Read” other people and identify how they prefer to receive information and make decisions, and be able to deliver information in the most eﬀective manner
- Analyse a Key Account and build a growth strategy and plan, including a customer relationship development map an action plan
- Conduct eﬀective negotiations that deliver a win-win result in an ethical fashion
David is a highly experienced leadership and sales force performance development and culture change consultant. He has worked with some of the world’s most well-known companies to support the development of their key account strategies and the capacity of their senior sales executives to deliver on those plans. He has worked with senior executives to redefine and refocus their vision, strategy and teams and has implemented programmes to address systemic and cultural issues within their organisations. He also specialises in communications skills including presentations, meetings and understanding others.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable