The ILM Endorsed Management Skills for New Managers training course will provide you with the tools and techniques to manage effectively and assertively. You will go through essential management development case studies and exercises while keeping you involved and engaged. Moreover, by attending our ILM training courses, you will learn to identify key areas where you may need improvement and develop an approach to strengthen your skills base so that you can:
- Effectively manage
- Secure team commitment and maximise results
- Successfully balance your time and priorities
- Achieve the criteria for the 'excellent manager'
Who Should Attend
Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors & similar professionals are advised to take our ILM management courses. The ILM management training course has been specifically designed for those Managers responsible for staff teams. It will provide you with the key management skills you need to secure commitment and obtain superior performance from the people you manage.
Benefits of Attending
- Discover the key competencies and skills that enable you to make the transition from team member to Manager
- Learn how to become more focused and successful by managing your time and stress
- Understand how to promote change in your department or organisation using Lewin's change management model
- Conduct a SWOT analysis of where your department or organisation is and to understand where it can go next
- Study the key approaches to coaching, delegation, and positive discipline to increase the enthusiasm and ambition of your team members, whilst enhancing poor performance
- Use the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) to understand behavioural motivations and improve interpersonal communication – thus improving productivity and reducing conflict
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
The ILM is the UK’s largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications. ILM partners with over 2,000 ILM-approved centres, comprising private training providers, further and higher education colleges, and employers delivering in-house management training.
When you register for an Informa/ILM Endorsed Programme you can be sure that it is:
- Practically based, and will complement your role at work
- Expertly designed to meet the needs of leaders and managers across all business sectors
- Supported by comprehensive learning resources
- Externally recognised as a high quality programme
Bonus: every learner registered on any type of ILM programme is automatically entitled to 12 months of free studying membership with the Institute of Leadership and Management which brings a terrific range of benefits.
For full details of the benefits of studying membership please visit: www.institutelm.com
Nick is a well-travelled HR, training and development professional with over 18 years’ experience in major blue-chip organisations. He worked for The NatWest Group, Honda, Raychem, WHSmith and Filofax before starting his own consultancy business in 1999. Since then, he has worked all over the UK, Europe, the GCC, South East Asia and Asia-Pacific regions. Key clients have included The London Business School, KAFCO, The Malaysian Central Bank, Vodafone Fiji, Laing O’Rourke, NADEC, Tamer Group and Petro Rabigh.
Nick is an innovative, experienced, enthusiastic and highly effective trainer, so expect to be challenged and supported throughout your programme. Nick specialises in Junior and Middle Management development, focussing on developing the personal and interpersonal skills and knowledge needed for you to grow into your role. Much of your learning will benefit you throughout your career and not just in your current role. In addition, Nick has worked with managers at all levels across many industries, so he is extremely well placed to help you to explore specific issues. He understands many of the real-world challenges faced by junior managers and encourages you to bring these challenges with you!
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable